Monday, July 30, 2007

Parades and candy

We found out Saturday that the Ferndale (a little town north of us) parade here is similar to the one in Idaho Falls, they throw tons of candy and fun things for the kids. We left with a purse full of candy, two frisbees, a soft ball, beaded necklaces, and lots of coupons. We had such a fun time, the girls were so in to the parade they were cracking us up. Grace was just loving the cheerleaders, and Haylee was a dancing machine to any music that passed by.

The girls waiting so patiently.
It was like this after every piece....I'm surprised we made it home with any left.
My sweet girls.
Grace as the photographer, she did pretty well.


We then headed off to our church who was hosting a meet and greet for the neighborhood. They had free hot dogs and soda, grab bags for the kids and of course the blow up jumpers and slides. Talk about a child geared day. We managed to get through it all melt down free until the very end when Justin and Grace had "words"......she gets a little testy with her Daddy. ;^) All in all though it was a pretty relaxing weekend. We are spending lot's of our evenings at the swimming pool to help pass the time, it's so nice to have this time of year. We are getting ready to head up to north Idaho and that will be a fun blog to do when I get home. Have a great couple of weeks everyone!!!!!!





Grace wanted to try and dunk her but didn't manage to hit the target. :)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

So fun! I love the new template! I wish we lived closer so we could do all of these things together. You guys are always doing something fun. I am so excited for this weekend - it will be relaxing, fun, and great! Love ya - Wendy

Nicole said...

What a fun day! You guys do such a great job always finding stuff to do with the kids!! Always finding new and fun things :) They will have so many wonderful memories as they get older, that is so great!

Kristin said...

What a GREAT parade!! They don't throw candy or anything at our parade here anymore...bummer! Cute pictures. Good job Grace!

We can't wait to see you guys on Saturday!!

P.S. The crab on your last post is AMAZING! I'm feeling very hungry!!

P.S.S. I love the new blog look too!