We have had a nice relaxing week and the weather is just beautiful. We have been at the pool every day and enjoying the outdoors which is a nice change. We took the girls on a great hike last weekend when the weather was icky just so we could all get out, and they surprisingly did a great job. The whole loop was just under two miles and they walked the whole time, Haylee running so she could be the leader. :) (always) We have definitely decided that is something we want to start doing more often. We love riding bikes too but the girls are still a little young for that, they can't keep up so it's really no different than walking, you just have bikes to push as well.
Last Friday we took the girls bowling and had a great time. I must say that my score on the first game was 155.....that is a record for me, but the reason it pleases me so is that Justin was only at about 107.....he he he he....I find pleasure in this to no end. The second game, not so great, and yes I have to mention that we were bumper bowling so it really doesn't count but still fun to brag. The girls had so much fun and every day ask to go again. Grace had no help and she rocked! Haylee had to have some help pushing the ball so it would make it all the way, she got two strikes and lots of spares. We had pizza and sodas and just had a really fun time.
Friday, July 27, 2007
Crabbing,fishing, and bowling
Crab season is upon us and Justin is getting his fair share that's for sure. He has gone three times in the last two weeks and gets his limit (5) every time. I went with him last Friday when the weather was horrible and I felt as though I was on the deadliest catch. The boat was all over the place and we were clear up out of our seats the water was so choppy. The rain was pouring down and this is all for crab that I don't eat. BUT.....it was a fun experience anyway and it only lasted long enough to get out to the bay and pick up the pots that they had left out overnight. I am glad that I went and it really makes me want a boat, the girls would have such a great time doing that stuff. Grace and Justin have had their crab feast and I am using the rest for dips and cooking. Yum!
Justin had the day off Wednesday to go fishing out in the bay with some customers. They didn't catch anything but a gnarly sunburn. He said they had a great time though and that it is just beautiful out in the bay. Bellingham bay is surrounded by islands and when you get out in to more open water you can see them all more clearly. He took some pictures but I can't remember which island is which. He said there were lots of seals that were playing and really cool boats, just no fish. :)
Posted by Hannah at 8:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wow I think I'll be rubbing that bowling score in someones face ;) We'll have to all go bowling here this winter. Heck with a score like that Hannah maybe we should look into a bowling league, LOL!
Post a Comment