Monday, August 13, 2007

"Life is good......at the lake"


Well all the fun has to end sometime. We had such a great vacation this year at the lake. Justin's Grandma who is having some health issues and has recently lost her sight pretty unexpectedly was able to join us for the whole week and that was great. We made it up there last Saturday and all of Justin's cousins (minus a couple) were there and we had a big BBQ. He already has family living in Spokane and the surrounding areas but this was everyone, including the out of towners. There was a LOT of people there. It was short and sweet, but very nice to see them all. So many babies, weddings, moves, new jobs, to hear about.

The icing on the night though was Grace having her first encounter with bee stings. Yes plural....4 of them! She was such a trooper though, everyone pitched in to help with her and she was fine within a matter of minutes. I was very impressed with how well she did.



Her cousin Tania rubbing cold shallot on the stings, she says her Grandma did this with her when she was little. It worked. :)

This is cousins Cameron and Zeek, behind them is the playhouse that's supposed to be for the girls but the boys fort is home to all the spare bikes so now they share.

The inside of the playhouse with Miley, Haylee and Daxton all playing.



Stacey, John, and Dane...they also are expecting a little girl (River) in November.



Haylee


Ready......set.........


Star jump

Ta da........beautiful ladies.
Tyler and Ailey

Grace, Breckley, and Cameron


Morning outing with Uncle Paul, Aunt Whitney, Grace and Haylee
Justin and Grace
Wendy did a little ear cleaning on those who were brave enough.....pretty nasty what we found in there.
Grandpa and Grace

The crowd gathers to watch the flaming ear.


Swimming with Grandpas girls.....from left is Grace, Addison, Haylee, and Miley
Justin started reading Haylee a children's book and she was too busy to listen but Grandma was really enjoying it, she can't see so she didn't even know Haylee had left and he was just reading to her.....it was very sweet. :)
Two peas in a pod these two.....all week they played and had so much fun. Haylee and Miley
Addison......no words to explain this one.
Grandma enjoying the weather with all of us.

Grandpa playing while Grace and Haylee dance.
Grandpa and Jackson
Jen and Jackson
Grace caught a fish.
Aunt Whitney and Haylee

Taking the little ones up the street for some ice cream. This little store has been around forever, no more penny candy but the ice cream was good.

Addison, Miley, Grace, and Haylee
Not just the girls anymore.....a little outnumbered Jack Jack

Messy faces Goofy faces

Wearing Aunt Jens pajamas.....oh the things they find for fun.
We got the little row boat out to tow the kids and they had a blast, this is Miley and Grace

Addison......another one with no explanation.

Spending the day at Lake Coeur d alene. Haylee, Jen and Jackson
Our family
Visiting Justin's Grandpas grave site
Haylee loves to take pictures
Night swimming with cousins
So peaceful

Cousins Jen, Kristen, Wendy and Justin
Here are all of the kids that belong to those cousins. Top row: Addison and Cameron Middle row: Grace, Riley Bottom: Miley, Ailey and Haylee Nothing like a sleepover at the lake.



Turtle hunting
Tyler braved the water in a canoe with all of the small children. We should have been worried but the silence was great. :)
Aunt Vicki came out on our last day with her boat and we had a blast. I tried water skiing for the first time, I was soooooo close but never got all the way up. Justin did very well, Wendy did great and Mike kicked all of our butts and did one ski. We are all a bit sore now.


Here is Mike, Dad, Grandpa
Grace was loving the boat rides


Grace and Reilly on the tube behind a "real" boat, the ride was a little faster this time. ;)


All of the kids having a great time getting dirty.
To end the week with a bang we celebrated Justins cousin Kirks birthday. Grace helped Kristen with the dirt and worms and was so excited to give it to him.
There is really not much else to say, we had a wonderful time. Our family rocks!!!! We miss you all already and love you so much. Thanks for the fun memories.









6 comments:

Wendy said...

Hannah! We are missing you already! I love to look at all the pictures. It already seems like so long ago. There is never enough time when things are so good. I am so happy that things went so well and we all were able to relax and enjoy! I too am so sore I can hardly move from skiing - even two days later! We miss you and love you! Wendy

Kristin said...

Great post! I love all the pictures...well not all the pictures...let's just say those star jump pictures are extremely HIDEOUS!! I clicked on those (big big mistake) and my face could scare small children!! That is no "8" on the photogenic scale. We are talking negative infinity!!

I LOVED the ice cream cone pictures! So cute!

We miss you guys and I'm glad everyone arrived home safely!!

Kelley said...

What a great pictures Hannah! I love that you all took a trip to the Twin Echo store. I can't believe I haven't made a trip there yet this summer.
If it makes you feel any better...Monique and I could barely lift our arms on sunday =)
It was great to see all you Ellersicks and will look forward to your next visit.
xo-Kelley

Stacey said...

Wow, I am impressed! Not even home for very long and already have all the pictures posted! It was great to see you guys. John was sorry he missed the crab feast. Hope you are doing good!
Stacey
p.s. The ear-cleaning looks intriguing. Was that one of those ear candle things??

Front Porch Society said...

Looks like y'all had a blast out at the lake! :)

Nicole said...

Looks like such a great trip! I loved all the pictures!! Those are some wonderful memories you guys make at the lake :) And really what is a family get together without some ear cleaning??? LOL