So we arrived back in Boise safe and sound and ready to see our girls. They were wonderful for everyone (so they say ;)) so that made us feel better. We picked them up Saturday morning from my Moms house and headed down to the Saturday market, I love markets of all kinds, it really brings out the freak show sometimes but "hey", it's free entertainment right? So we got the mini doughnuts, some really good Italian herb bread.....(my weakness) and I couldn't pass up the famous Emmett cherries. (another favorite) So all in all we did some (as Mike would say: "mighty fine") eatin'. :) Listening to some little boys playing the fiddle. They were better than a lot of entertainers we've seen come out of the woodwork.
Then we headed down to the Grove fountain to cool off, this is a great landmark of Boise. Every summer they host a festival called Alive after 5, it's every Wednesday and they have lots of food vendors and live music. I remember in High school a group of us would go down and hang out, we would feel very cool with all of the adults. :) Then we had kids and it was nice because the fountain keeps them entertained and adults can still enjoy it.
Grace........no really you can get wet. (good thing we brought suits.)
Jackson and his "cheese" face.
Justin and Jackson.
Justin, Jackson, and Haylee.....oh......and Grace in the middle not wasting any time.
Justin, Jen, and Jack Jack
Then we did some fireworks in the evening and the kids had a ball. Aunt Jen is always the Aunt with the "goods" and in this case had it not been for her our kids would have missed out this year. They got to see the big ones on the 4th but when I was little those just were not the same as in your own back yard. So "thank you" Jen, we love you and always love your surprises! :)
Mike and Jackson...they are two peas in a pod I tell ya, it's very cute.
I love this man. :)
1 comments:
I'm glad you guys had fun in Boise! It sounds great!!
Post a Comment