Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Build a bear

Grace has been BEGGING us forever to take her to build a bear, Justin and I both think it's silly to be spending so much money on a stuffed animal....BUT......sometimes it's not about what WE think. :) So for Grace's birthday we finally made the trip. She had such a good time and was a little overwhelmed I think at all there is to get. It was a good starter lesson though on how to make your money go as far as possible and really deciding what she wanted. Her Grandpa had given her money in a card for her birthday so we gave that to her as her "accessories" money. She then was just picking out everything and we would have to add it up and pick and choose what to keep and what to get later. It's actually a fun concept, we had a lot of fun picking it all out. She decided on a cat that meows and a little "hello kitty" outfit to go on her. She even got her a pair of panties. :) She has named her Clair belle and it's an instant bond, she is rarely seen without her.



Stuffing her and putting in her heart.


All stuffed and ready for clothes.
Panties. :)
All dressed and ready to take her home. There is a baby that matches the cat but we told her next time we can get that.


Here is little Haylee with her bear (Tim, who is a girl......????) Grace gave Tim to her for Christmas so we told her that she could pick an outfit for her......him.....it's a little confusing. She chose a cute little pair of jammies and she was so tickled when she saw they have a hole for the tail to come through. :)


That was our day at build a bear then we headed out to the beach because the tide was really low and that's when it's the best time to go. Justin was teaching the girls the trick to turn all the big rocks over.....they were amazed at all the stuff they were finding.


See how far the tide was out.....you just walk and walk forever.



Haylee finally brave enough to hold a baby hermit crab, she talks to them like they are babies and then wants to take them home.

We stopped for some Mexican food and sat outside with the beach right across the street and the sun out......it was just one of those perfect days. :)

*Something fun that happened yesterday......Grace is tying her shoes. She learned after showing her two times. I could not believe it was that easy, she hardly wears her tennis shoes and so I don't really think about it. She needed to know for kindergarden though so I thought we would just start parcticing.....or not.......it's done. YEAH!!! I was very excited. :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay Grace!! On learning to tie your shoes!! Very impressive.

Build a bear looked fun for the girls. That is a shop in the mall that I have thought is just ridiculous...but I have recently had several friends take their daughters there and all came back raving about the experience!! How many things do we do just "for the kids"? ;)

I guess I don't have to worry though...my kids hate stuffed animals. They never play with them and I just end up donating them to goodwill.

I'm glad clair belle and Tim got some new duds. The panties are a riot!!

Nicole said...

What a wonderful day. One of those days you don't want to ever forget!
I tell you those moments of being able to eat on the ocean almost make up for the crappy weather!!
Way to go Gracie on your shoes! You are officially all set for Kindergarten now! Way to go :))))