Bonnie went home tonight and here I sit with 3 little ones and I can't believe how it's already changed this house so much. For the better of course because we are just loving this little man more than I think we could have imagined. The girls just adore him and are so loving and gentle with him (ok Haylee is a little on the crazy side but has very good intentions). Grace is a natural already and I find her doing things the same way I do and I just love to see this side of her, when Haylee was born she was still my little baby. The down side is she has been sick now for a couple of weeks and still is trying to fight this horrible cold/ear infection so she has not been able to be too "touchy feely" with him yet and it's killing her. :( It is so nice to be able to say "watch him for a minute while I do this or that" and she will just sit there and literally not take her eyes off of him until I get back. That part of baby #3 will be great! ;)
I have to thank Bonnie so much for coming to stay with us, you were such a HUGE help you don't even know. It was so nice to get rest while the girls were occupied and happy having Grandma time and the meals, clean house, clothes, ets.....was SO great! We will miss you and are excited to see you again in a few weeks when we can play and not have it be "cater to Hannah time". So thank you again, I love you.
Gavin has already lost his umbilical cord and is doing great. He is another baby who loves to eat and does it well. I feel a little like a cow at this point, it will be nice in a few weeks when we start to have a little better feeding schedule. Nights have been about what I expected, every few hours he wakes up but is great at going right back to sleep. I love having him sleep with us, this is something that I didn't realize I would miss but when I wake up to him snuggled right in next to me there is just nothing like it. :) He is just so perfect and such a blessing to our family. I posted some new pictures of his first bath and with his big sisters, I will update again soon.
This is Haylee's photography skills, she just took this while I was posting this...pretty good.


4 comments:
Congratulations! Gavin is such a cute boy! I am glad that he is here safe and sound and that you guys are doing well. Can't wait to meet the new addition to the Ellersick Clan and the first to carry on the Ellersick name--yay Gavin!!! Paul, you better get busy!! Just kidding!!
Love,
Stacey
Cute pictures!! I'm loving Justin and his mini-me with the matching hairdos. Could you please take a picture of father and son in matching outfits for my amusement?
He really is so stinking cute!! Gavin...not Justin...not that Justin isn't cute...it just feels weird to write that...you know cousins and all. Ok...I'll shut up now.
Congratulations on the newest Ellersick. He is very cute. Kind of looks a little like Jared to me. I bet the girls are enthrolled with him. Bonnie gave me the email address so that i could see Gavin. What a great looking family. Best of Luck. Danna
Congratulations!!! He is so darn cute- I love the name and I am happy that all went well in the delivery. I am sure Justin is in heaven having a boy in the house.
Take Care & xo
Kelley
Post a Comment