Haylee and I were in the store the other day and she was asking me when Beavers Day was??? Huh??? I thought about it for a minute and realized she was referring to Groundhogs Day......duh! I had to take note of that though because I found it pretty amusing. Six more weeks of winter I guess....tell me why I am not surprised? ;) I like to think that once March is here I can officially get ready for warmth and start getting everything cleaned and refreshed......and then I wonder why the winter seems so long...maybe because I then have to wait three more months to actually HAVE any warmth. Why do I do it to myself???? This year is especially bad because I am ready for a house SOOOOO bad I can hardly stand it! If we would not have ever owned a home it would not be so bad because I wouldn't know what I was missing.....but we have, and I do! I want to get my yard ready and I want to think of some fun ways to decorate a boys room for Gavin. All things that we have on hold and our kids will all be 20 when they get to actually decorate a room to their liking. (rolling my eyes) Anyhoo....that is my whine for the day, I'm done.
It's the things about ourselves (Justin and I) that we see in our kids though and that drives me crazy that she is just like me and I am wondering what she is thinking. The Lord has a sense of humor that is for sure. I know that is how we can reflect the things we may need to change in ourselves or maybe apologize for what our own parents had to put up with. ;) I love that our kids have independence and I just really want them to know who they are, I also know that finding that comes with a price. One day at a time right?
Gavin is almost 9 months......sad but true. He is not attempting to crawl yet and I am loving that because he is very busy just sitting and rolling so I know what is to come and am in NO hurry. He makes the funniest faces and is still so smiley at anybody and everybody. Today at church he just sat there the whole service and grinned at the people behind us.......what do I say, "sorry he is so cute that you can't actually get anything out of the lesson"......he is just a little charmer. He loves his sisters to pieces and they adore him still so that is good. ;) He has his appointment the 16th and I am anxious to see how all his measurements compare with the girls. Haylee was 17lbs at a year and he is already almost 19. He loves the bath and will stay in there for as long as I will let him splashing as hard as he can and just grinning from ear to ear. Justin is starting to wrestle him a little bit too and he loves that, he plays right along and tries to get away knowing he will be caught. :) What joy this little boy has brought to our family, sometimes I still can't believe he is here.

Like father, like son! ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment