Monday, August 4, 2008

To kill the time these past couple of weeks the girls and I have been taking a few walks up and around our neighborhood. They do pretty well for the most part but I'm trying to get them to be a little more brave when it comes to nature and really getting in and getting dirty. My girls play really well but because our neighborhood is not one where they can just run free it's limiting when it comes to exploring. This walk was a good one and Gavin just loves the front pack so he does super good, plus it's great exercise for me and that is definitely something I need these days. :) The girls each took a sack to carry treasures home with and at the end of the summer we are going to decorate boxes or something and let them choose a few to keep. I think they had more fun chasing butterflies and picking flowers for me....one can never have enough dandelions. ;)









I couldn't resist putting this one in. ;)

This weekend we took the kids to a kids day at one of the parks here where it's all about the kids and everything is free for them, it was a lot of fun just really busy. Then we took them to a concert in the park that our local christian station put on and had a picnic while we watched. It's easy to forget sometimes what a beautiful place we live in because of all the rain but when it's not raining there is just no reason to be indoors that's for sure. ;) I took the girls today to the lake here in our neighborhood and they had the best time, it's so nice to have it close that we just bring suits and towels and head home when we need anything else. We've got to get it all in before the rain comes. :(






Of course I have to mention that Wendy had her new baby girl Taylor, she was born on July 31st and weighed 7 lbs 3 oz which was exactly what her other two weighed, a little crazy. She pushed for about 3 minutes and when I talked to her during labor she was chipper and happy and talking about not missing her 8:00 tv show, and that was at 8 centimeters dilated withOUT an epidural...WHAT?!?! Wendy you are truly amazing and I am so happy that it went so well for you, she is precious and we are so excited to be having another neice. We love you, congratulations Smith family!!! I took this picture from her blog.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

He is totally flipping you off!!! How hysterical is that??? Great pics...I always love seeing all their cute faces on here even though I get to see them in person too :) A double blessing for sure! xoxox

Kristin said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun. Summer is way too short!! Have you guys been house hunting?

That Gavin is getting so big!! What a cutie.