Sunday, August 17, 2008

Incredible...........

Well the Olympics have been going as all of you know and among all the heart pounding action (the swimming last night was so great!) I was totally shocked by this woman:



Romania's Constantina Tomescu, ran the Olympic marathon in 2 hours 26 minutes 44 seconds....WHAT????? That is full on sprinting for 26 miles....who does that? It of course made me feel extremely lazy so I went jogging today, ummmm I went 1 1/2 miles...in about 30 minutes....woo hooo!!!! Constantina watch out!!! ;) Anyway, it's just incredible to watch what the human body can do and it makes me remember that as long as I am healthy there is no excuse for me not to at least "try" something out of my comfort zone.




Also, Heather (my sister)- once again I just want to tell you that you are a true inspiration for me and because you are my sister I can hope that those running genes have been passed along....at least long enough for me to fit into my own JEANS. ;)




1 comments:

Jami said...

I was amazed by her too!!!! also, she continued to run around the track when all the others looked as is they wanted to die (dont get me wrong, that is exactly how i would have been, had i ever been able to run like that)