Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another fun summer

Our little man is getting over the little bit of colick I think he's had. These last few days he has been wonderful and smiling and talking up a storm. He is mimicking what we do and making eye contact now, he is almost giggling and I can't wait for that. I really want a camera that has the video with sound so I can put that on here, he is just so much fun. He had his two month check up and he is 11 lbs 13 oz, so exactly 4 lbs so far. He was in the 50% for his weight and head, and the 70% for his height. He looks perfect and healthy and all is well.

Justin plays a little rougher with him and gets him grinning from ear to ear.

I am the dork who takes pictures of herself because I am never in any pictures, this one he is smiling so I thought it was cute. :)

We had our raspberry festival last weekend, we got our flat and I actually made jam this year if you can believe it. I like it but it's not something I just LOVE and have to have and I've wondered why everyone thinks it's so wonderful...well because it's made with 5 1/2 cups of sugar! Get me a bucket of worms and add that much sugar and you'll never know that's what you're eating....it's not about the raspberries at all.


Here is a $5 face painting job, no face painting should cost that much but Justin is a good Daddy and said "yes" anyway.......what a guy! We made them wear them for about 4 days so it would be worth it........ok not really. ;) (only 2)
Haylee's is a monkey, we didn't know she even likes monkeys.


Justin had his first crabbing trip of the season last week and he came home with five huge ones. I am not a fan so I was not so excited but I know that some of you are drooling.....hey whatever gets us some visitors is all I'm saying. I did make some crab dip and pasta with the remainder of the meat and that was delicious.


Gavin had his first bottle, he did so well and the girls have been begging me to pump so they could feed him. They are so great with him and just love him to pieces, he is a lucky little boy.


Yesterday at our library they had their annual "kids fair" which is basically like a farmers market for kids under 14. Nothing can be more than $3 an item and it has to be something homemade, what a clever idea huh?? It was great and I am sad I didn't know about it sooner because the girls and I would have done it....don't know WHAT we would have done but we would have thought of something.....maybe. Anyway, they also had live music going on and there is a big grassy area where you can set up a picnic. I told the girls they could bring $3 a piece and they decided what they would do with it. Well of course my little Haylee wants nothing but the food.....so she gets a rice crispy treat, then she wants a bubble gum, then a fruit kabob thing....I finally said "no" that she could surely find something that was not food. Well they got their face painted of course because that is what all kids want to do and that is where the longest line is and I am the only one with a cranky newborn in the heat and a big stroller that is loaded with everyone's CRAP so I can't even lay him in it and all the granola mammas are looking at me like "you should have a cool sling like us and just whip out your boob and feed the poor child while they just hang there so freely." Sometimes I look around this town and wonder "where the crap am I?" So great for them, for me it's a little freaky. ;)



So the girls got their faces painted and Grace was my little thinker who had to make sure she got the most bang for her buck and she walked away with quite a bit, even some free things that she managed to get with her cute freckled face. ;) It was a really fun time and next year we will definitely be getting a booth up, with lots of junk food right in the middle of the organics isle. ;)

These $1 paintings done by a 14 year old are better than the adults $5 one cheekers.....we were had!

Here is Gracie working her magic, she walked away with some freebies...that's my girl.


After the library we headed to the park to kill some time but had not brought suits or buckets with us, these darn girls had a water bottle and a stick to play with and still managed to spend two hours digging and playing.....there is never a dull moment with these two. ;)



This is a great park, I think Gavin liked it too. :)




We had a fire on the deck tonight and had hot dogs and s'mores, it was delicious and it's days like this that I just LOVE summer and we are so missing camping this year but camping and newborn just don't really mesh well in my book. ;() Well that is all for now, I hope everyone is enjoying their summers.



His first campfire. :)





2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh I am so getting you a boob sling now, LOL. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard as that visual. I think you have to live here to truly get the humor of that story! I remember those looks when I had makenna :) And we are SO getting a booth that has every processed and chemical known to man in it! Right smack dab in the middle of all those dread lock mammas :)))

Jami said...

lol, nursing brings so many funny things with it. i cant believe how much gavin lookd likes the girls (his daddy). he has the eyes of gracie and the smile and dimples of haylee. he is an absolute doll!