Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Self portrait

So this is me....... and this is a little bit about me. :)



I love my feet......BUT....I hate dirty feet and I can't stand to go barefoot. My girls and I have regular pedicure days usually out on the deck in the sunshine and that is one of my favorite things about them, Grace has little fat feet and Haylee smiles with her feet (when she is excited her feet move all around).

I can't be without these: Justin has always given me crap since we first got together that when we would kiss I would "snot on him"....my nose runs all the time, what's a girl to do?



I LOVE my deck and I LOVE LOVE LOVE flowers but I am SO SO SO not good at gardening......YET! ;) I like to keep telling myself that someday it will come naturally.....any time now! When my Mom and Bonnie came to help with the baby they both planted some things for me and my job is simply to keep them going and so far so good....fingers crossed.



Except this anyway...this is my tomato plant that got caught in the wind storm, I am so bummed. I think these are Zinnias????


Petunias, Geraniums, Lavender


My Nasturtium plant that Grace started from seed as my Mothers Day gift from school.



I am so excited about these, my Mom planted these on our porch every summer growing up and I would go out every morning and count the blooms. If you want the true blue color you have to start them from seed every year because to reseed they come back in a different color. (who knew?) Morning Glories....and here they are climbing away. :)



Our deck.



This is Justin's Fathers Day gift that we are so loving, this is by far one of our favorite things to do......and now we have the option of smoked, charcoal, or gas....decisions, decisions.



I think that if every person that really "knows" me had to make a list about me they would include that I love candy and I may have a small problem......though there are a couple of those people that I could turn it right back on (Jen, Wendy) but I will admit that I am never very far from a sweet of some kind and then I wonder why the baby weight is not coming off.....it's a mystery.
This is another thing maybe even above sweets (it's a close 2nd) that I could not live without and that is BREAD! All kinds, all the time, anywhere. This is one thing that a meal is not complete without, when I met Justin's family and started having meals with them they never had bread, now it's a staple and they are probably cursing my name. :) Oh but it's so good!




This is my living room and it's always cluttered, no matter what time of day there is always just stuff everywhere.....where does it come from?





Let's see, what else is there......


I hate waking up early


I am late a lot and it makes me so mad that I don't know how I manage to do it all the time.


I have really liked being away from Boise but am really starting to miss my family.


I really miss all of my sisters and the fact that I am not that closer with them is really hard for me sometimes.


Growing up I was always the "friend" of the group and all my pretty friends got the boys so I think with that came some self esteem issues. I did get lucky enough though to marry a man that wants to be my friend AND thinks I'm the most beautiful thing he's ever laid eyes on...(ok maybe that's exaggerating a bit).


I always go to the female cashiers at the grocery store.


I hate the process of getting ready for the day, I am SO a hat girl.


I love taking baths.


I love to look at pictures, even of complete strangers. I really like reading strangers blogs too....though on a bad day it can just make me despise these what seem to be "perfect" lives that people want to pretend they have. ;)


I let my kids run around in pjs most days until noon....(I can hear the gasps) and whats better yet is I am in mine too. :)


I love bags....not purses but bags and if I could I would get one probably every time I went shopping.


I am always cold.....it has to be pretty warm for me not to be wearing a sweatshirt.


I love the sunshine, it doesn't have to be hot I just love the sun to be out.


I love to cook and am just average at it but I still love it and nightly dinners at the table will always be a tradition in our home.


Well, this is it for now I am bored of talking about me. I will say though that Justin and I went to the Randy Travis concert the other night at the fair and had a great time. He was so good live and sang all of our favorites and then some. That's another thing I could list about me, I love country music.





Post date picture, notice anything different about Justin? :)

Yesterday (13th) was Grace's friend Brayden's 6th birthday and we met them at the pool for a little celebration. He is such a sweet boy and he and Grace are just two little peas in a pod. Happy Birthday to you Brayden, thanks for sharing your special day with us. :)




Apparently our children like to use this finger.....

They both have a sweet freckled face.



This is a picture of the little man that Nicole took, look at his pudgy little hand....a perfect way to end a post. :)


1 comments:

Nicole said...

I love "YOU", every part of you! Your little quirks and silly things to your amazing heart after the Lord. And I love your candy "issue" because it allows me a place to come have treats :) I'm so blessed to call you friend! Our kids are adorable and I'm thankful they have a lasting friendship :) Thanks for only being YOU!