Saturday, August 9, 2008

Our week in pictures.

I think I am finally getting into the swing of having 3 kids at home and going out and about has been much easier these last few weeks. The biggest challenge is keeping my house clean and even that is something I am teaching myself to not stress so much about, my kids are only little once and lately they have been really needing my attention. (I think the reality of a little brother has set in.) So Justin and I have taken them on some one on one date nights and they LOVE that! During the week there are so many summer programs for the kids we couldn't possibly accomplish them all. We got the girls both signed up for the summer reading program at the library and Grace is all about that, she is on top of it and reading so fast we are just shocked! Her favorites are the Frog and Toad series, also anything having to do with sea life or horses. Haylee has liked the Junie B Jones books and though the bad grammar is a bit hard to deal with they are hilarious and we finally got some on cd for the car so we can listen to them on the go. I really hope our kids will keep their love for books and reading, so far so good. :)

Here are the kids playing at the spray park, one of our favorite places for sure.






Daddy bought him this shirt. ;)


"They sure do Daddy"......;)





We took the girls berry picking at this farm and got 11 lbs of raspberries, holy moly! Not only was I amazed at the delicious berries but look at this walla walla onion.......



Pictures do not do these things justice, this sucker is huge and it smells so good I can't even decide how I want to use it.....yum!

concert at the library before berries
Hannah (Maddys Mom), Haylee and I all picked....Grace and Maddy liked to play. :)
Ice cream.
"It's not fun if you don't get dirty".....that's my childrens motto anyway. ;)


I am on batch #3 and have hardly made a dent, jam anyone????





Today there was a fun sand festival going on at the marina in town so we ventured down and had a great time, the girls were so good and even tempted by all the cotton candy and fair food a simple "no" was all it took and they never mentioned another word...gotta love those days. ;)


Daddy helping Haylee build her own sculpture.

This one is a family of whales, tell you what though if that was me in that kayak I would have been praying for another "Jonah miracle" or something.......yikes! Here is Grace trying to get her refund...ha ha
Of course where there is the Ellersick family.....there is face painting, it never fails., so we now have Kitty Grace..... and American Haylee.
Art
Family pictures with the self timer....... just not the same, but good enough.

0 comments: