Monday, August 25, 2008

First I will start with a little of Grace's photography skills......she is OBSESSED with the camera, and gets a hold of it any time I am not around. I then take a few pictures and along with the ones I am putting on the computer there are some of these shots.....






this is the Olympic gymnast Haylee, the other morning they were taking shots of their routines and then scoring themselves.

Ladies and gentlemen silence please.......

around the stool......
both feet this time...wow!
It's a perfect 10!!!!

Last week was the Northwest Washington Fair and other than the heat....(it was about 90 that day and "yes" that's hot for us) we had a great time. The girls got wrist bands for the first time so that was just fantastic that they could ride "anything we want???" they were pretty cute. Although they both got about 10 minutes into it and looked like they were going to pass out from heat stroke, they don't do heat well.

See those red cheeks, I think this was ride #3.

Haylee is a lot braver than I give her credit for.
Here are Gavin and I melting together...this is the only way this little monkey likes to sleep.

They loved the animals and Haylee would practically be IN the pens with them, just sticking her hands right up to their mouths and everything.

See??? This is Ben the bull.....not Uncle Ben like they thought it was going to be. :)
Justin had to help short legs out a bit on some of these fun house things....pretty funny to see him in there though....he almost wedged himself into the inflatable slide...the age limit is like 10.
roller coaster
It finally cooled off in the evening and they were able to ride more comfortably.
This is a really neat thing we did too, it's called child profiling and if you are ever somewhere they offer it we really recommend it. Ours was free but if I had to pay next time I would. We got a kit that has the girls' DNA samples, teethe imprint, finger prints, and a video of them talking all about themselves. We get to keep it with us and if they ever get lost or something happens, you have a whole kit for the police or whoever to go by......is that great??? The girls both did great and they got an ice cream coupon at the end to use at the fair so even better.
They like to sit and watch their DVD of themselves, they are a little confused as to what it's for.
Anyway, all in all a very fun day and the best part for them is:
Now that I am blogging a week later they have since passed on, yes it was quite tragic for Grace...we finally get a pet of some kind and it dies a week later. They did a very good job at taking care of it though and it was a good little trial run for them, it's going to be a very long time before we go down "that" road again.


Gracie last week during quiet time took her instructions for her lincoln logs and built it step for step....it may seem easy but the adults in this house have had trouble with it. (sad I know) She did so great and so I told her I would blog about it.
Also, she was talking about building the Great Wall of China with her legos and Justin in awe says "Grace do you even know what that is?" and she replies "Yes it's a restaurant in Boise, see the booths and the place where you get your own food?"....ohhh THAT great wall of China....duh!! ;)

So now on a Gavin note, he is 3 months old and I thought I would do an update to get some journaling about him at this age. He is so much fun these days and totally over his evening crankiness...thank goodness. He is sucking on his hands like crazy and now reaching out to grab toys and things, his car seat toy he loves. He giggles finally and mostly is all smiles and coos. The girls just adore him still and are so sweet and good with him, Haylee can be a little over the top but I feel bad because she thinks she is helping and how do you get after her for that?? It's funny though he will be bigger than her before long, at 3 months he is already 14lbs, 6 1/2 oz.
Grace's favorite thing to do.


All of our sweet babes. :)

Little monkey at 3 months, with that smile I could just eat him and all his pudgy goodness.
He was trying to get the polka dots.

Look at his roley poly legs. :) His favorite toy.
How fast they grow.

0 comments: