Thursday, December 6, 2007

Slowly but surely......it will get done.

I have yet to finish my decorating because I'm bored with the same things over and over again. I see the cutest ideas and I want to be made of money this time of year so I can try some of them. I really want a wreath for my front door but I can't talk myself into spending the money on it! Why does my conscience win???? I just want some new decorations to brighten things up a bit. Someday I guess. I did go get a really cute 4 foot spiral tree for my front yard though and it's very cute. It has the multi colored lights on it and a star on top. :) We have the christmas tree up too finally after braving the freezing cold winds and snow to get it. The girls and I stayed in the car while poor Justin had to tie it to the top of the car, this coming the weekend after the roof top stringing lights. I had a thought of what would Christmas be like without my husband around???? :(


Thanks honey. :^)
My monkeys in the backseat got a little tired of waiting.





So here is the tree, the girls have started the tradition of painting a new wooden ornament every year and made some cute ones in Sunday School. I let them decorate the tree the first night with all the ornaments and candy canes, then after bed I rearranged them all. I don't have the heart to keep the bottom two feet the only thing decorated. SOMEDAY (I like to say that) we will have the money to get them their own little tree and they can go crazy without me touching it. :)

Notice all the candy canes on the lower half, I think we started with a dozen and they just keep disappearing. ;)
So hard to take good pictures inside when I can't get the whole effect.



Haylee hanging her little angel she made.



So far this year we have had a great snow fall that lasted about two days. We went to a fun lights parade and got to watch from the car after having pie and ice cream at a little cafe. The weather was about 25 degrees with the wind blowing about 40 mph.....tell me who will stand in that for a darn parade????? Not us that's for sure, we sat in the car with the heater on waving to them all.....he he....tis the season......;^)


Waiting for the parade to start.
This is about 7:00...


Now she's done, this is about 7:30..when she goes, she goes........long fun weekends will do that to you.

I now have to work on cards to get out and the rest of shopping.....anyone doing anything fun and festive this year. I would love to hear about it. In Boise we would always go to the Botanical Gardens and see the lights. :( I am sad that we will not be doing it this year, I think Mike and Bonnie have a pretty good collection of 3D glasses now too. They would get a new one every year. We will miss you guys this year, think of us as you warm up by those fires. :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Your tree looks pretty! I have the same problem but in reverse. I thought I would be smart this year and do the majority of the tree decorating while the kids were at school..then I had all their ornaments out and told them they could put up all their ornaments that night. They did and I thought it worked great. They had to tuck their ornaments in amongst my already decorated tree. WELL...the next morning I got up and some "elves" had taken all my ornaments and decorations out of their choice locations and put all their ornaments in those spots!! Plus one side of the tree is HEAVY with ornaments pillaged from other sides of the tree. OH WELL. That's the fun of having kids. Plus I do have my little white tree that only I decorate. Next year I am going to put little fake trees in each of their rooms...and let them go crazy!! We got our white tree at Rite-Aid last year BEFORE christmas for about 20 bucks!! It was already marked down 50% off about 2 weeks before Christmas...I'm going to go and check them out again.

I know what you mean about seeing cute ideas and wishing for the cash to do them. I try to buy at least one knew thing each year to add to our decorations.Plus I love it when people give me decorations as Christmas gifts.

That picture of Haylee zonked out is hilarious!! We are going to head over to the resort to see all the lights on the boardwalk and all the gingerbread houses probably next weekend.

Wish you were here!!

Jami said...

i love the pix of them leaning over the seat, it should be a christmas card! i miss having a hubby around for those things!