Wednesday, October 31, 2007

No tricks....TONS of treats.....

It has been a really fun day, and all pretty relaxing too. (go figure) Grace had her Fall party in her class today so Haylee and I went to help with that. Haylee gets right in there and does everything with Grace, she really misses her big sister at home. :( They had some yummy fall like snacks, one Mom even brought sushi.....strange huh....but then I learned that they own a sushi restaurant so not so strange when it's what you live. They got to decorate pumpkins and do fun games. I have volunteered three times now and I am really enjoying being a part of what Grace is doing "outside" of home. She is loving school and her teacher and she is thrilled when we come in to help and she gets to show us everything they are doing.



That is her teacher in the white sweater.



So then we had a nice relaxing day at home and got ready for trunk or treat. Our church set it up in the parking lot and then inside the church was a carnival. There were lots of people so we did it fast and headed out for more trick or treating. Justins co worker Ron and his wife Sharon are so great and they invited us over for dinner while we were out and about. We got there, had yummy stew, rolls, hot cider, and doughnuts while Ron took the girls out trick or treating.....wow....that's easy enough. So needless to say the girls made a killing and Mom stayed warm. :)We have WAY too much candy for one household though....I do not have enough will power to resist it so it may be going away little by little to other homes. So Wendy don't worry about providing treats this weekend okay...got it covered. ;) Anyway, we had a nice night and it was so fun to see the excitement in my girls' faces when they were out and about, I so loved Halloween when I was little so I know that through them I can still enjoy. :) Happy Halloween everyone!!!! My little Dorothy and Jo Jo.



2 comments:

Kristin said...

The girls looked so cute!! Isn't Trunk-or-Treat the best? We had so many people at trunk or treat that the kids made a huge haul and we didn't have to do much trick-or-treating afterward. Yay!

Jami said...

how cute are they in their costumes!!!!