We had our first big storm of the year yesterday and lost power for the whole day. I was so thankful that was all though, last year it lasted almost four days and it was getting mighty cold in here. The wind is so scary here because of all the falling trees you have to worry about, that has never been a problem anywhere else we have lived. The ground is just so soft from all the rain.....(if only we could get 5 inches a day as opposed to 10......how would that be????) It sort of reminds me of a Sunday school song, the rains came down and the trees came up, the rains came down and the trees came up, etc, etc,........ Maybe Justin and I should invest in some Ark material.....you never know.
So other than the weather these last couple of weeks have been a lot of fun, we went to Portland for the 1,2,3, and 4th of November. Miley's 4th birthday was that weekend and we also met the rest of the family down there and had an early Thanksgiving since we will all be apart for the holidays. It was so good to see everyone, Mike looks really good and besides being tired he says he feels really good. This week he is doing round #2 of Chemo and it's going very smooth so far. His counts have gone way down just after the first treatment so we are hoping that is a really good sign. He has such a great sense of humor about it all and that has made a world of difference for everyone. :) Bonnie is his little side kick getting everything else done that needs to be, keeping the house "germ free" and making all his fattening meals......(deep down she is enjoying that part)...but really she has such an amazing attitude about the whole thing. I have seen her grow stronger in her faith and I know that she really tries to concentrate on the positives even though it's extremely hard at times. We love you guys very much and wish we were closer to be more help with everything.
Ta-da....and we have Tinkerbell, another cake masterpiece down. She never disappoints that Wendy.
Ben was so generously making yummy homemade scones while we were getting ready, thanks!
These are just a couple of cute pictures I took throughout the party, I will let Wendy do the fun details.....
These two are so sweet with each other. Miley and Jackson
Jacksons sour face.
Addie and her Grandpa (pa pa)...she is the only one of his grand kids that insists on calling him that, it's very cute. :)
Addisons sweet face.
Saturday evening after all the party fun was over we got a baby sitter for all the five kids and we adults went out to Pauls restaurant where he is the Executive chef.....(I hope I have that right) it's called Out of the Blues. We had a great dinner and we all tried different things and had some yummy appetizers, we even got to tour behind the scenes. (one of our own is sleeping with the chef so that helped.....thanks Whitney) ;^) There was a great band playing some really fun cover music so we got that and the crazies dancing to it all to keep us entertained all night. The kids were great for the sitter and they were all sound asleep and in bed by the time we were home, she's a keeper.
We had an early Thanksgiving dinner with everyone together and it was so good. It always goes so fast.....there is never enough hours in the days we have together.
So we made it home safe ans sound and then Wednesday I get a call from my Dad that he about 13 miles out of Bellingham and what were we up to........well.....I guess we're having company. :) I am so glad that he came, the girls just ate it up all the attention they were getting. We pretty much just hung out around the house and went out to eat a couple of times, it was raining the whole time so it sort of puts a damper on things. It was so great of him to make the trip though and it's always fun to have some company. We love you Dad, thanks for coming.
Who's boat you ask????? Don't know but we looked good standing next to it. ;)
Playing candy land. :)
5 comments:
I love it Hannah. It was so fun to have everyone here. I only wish we were closer:) You always get the best pictures. Thanks for all you do and fo all the help over the weekend! We love you and miss you guys. Wendy
i think you might have me beat on your activities, lol. i am glad you are still having fun in all the rain.
Hi Hannah--sounds like you Ellersicks had a great time! Thanks for the update on Uncle Mike--I thought my mom said he was going to have to wait to do the second round of chemo?? Hope you are feeling well. when do you find out boy or girl? Still no baby girl yet for us...just waiting around....2 weeks to go.
XOXOX Stacey
Wow that Ben is pretty in his floral apron!! He should wear it more often. It really suits him!! ;)
Sounds like fun!! I'm glad Mike is doing ok. We really worry about both he and Bonnie.
You Ellersicks make me laugh!! Did Paul get a new job?
How are you feeling? Any names picked out? :) Now that Maeris is having a boy "Loreen" is still up for grabs!!
Oooh Kristen that is tempting. ;) I like Cooper for a boy, and we also like Deakon, for a girl we have only really agreed on Ashley so who knows. I feel really good though and we finally heard the heartbeat last week, it ws really good to hear that everything was ok. How are you feeling? Getting excited for the holidays??
Post a Comment