Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Happy Easter.....

I am really glad this weekend is over....I don't think I left the kitchen but to shower and sleep. We were day to day doing something else that required cooking, preparing, decorating, and of course cleaning. It was very worth it though because the weekend was great.




Justin had gotten off early on Friday and the weather was beautiful so we did some yard stuff and washed our cars. The girls played in the sprinklers and rode their bikes, they were having a great time. We just really enjoyed our lazy day in the sun. That night we went to a special Good Friday service at church and it was amazing. We were all given crosses the Sunday before and our challenge was to carry them in our palm all week......yes, it was supposed to be hard...but I think the cross that He carried was a little harder to bare. So anyway, when we showed up on Friday evening with our crosses talking about Jesus shedding His blood and taking Communion it was a very powerful hour. I pray that those who don't know the power of Christ will understand one day what was done to save us.





So after church we headed to Cold Stone.....yum! The girls were so excited to be able to pick from all of those choices. They both had bubble gum ice cream, Grace with gummy bears for her pick and Haylee with sprinkles. Why is that such a big thing for kids...it's all about the color I think, give them pink ice cream and it doesn't matter what it's going to taste like..we go to Maggie Moos and they want the bright blue cotton candy flavor.....that is quite a treat to clean up when they have drooled and spilled all over themselves. Yet I don't say "no" when they want that kind so I guess I'm asking for it. :)




Saturday our neighborhood had a big Easter egg hunt and the girls had a fun time. I was having to talk with Grace about being happy with what she gets, she tends to be a little competitive. (hmmm, Ellersick trait maybe???)






Haylee wanted to open them right when she got them and see what she got, and Justin is behind her saying "NO Haylee you will NOT slow down....MOVE they're gaining on you.....!!!"





Starting the morning off with a basket full of candy. Who needs breakfast.





They had a Mother's hunt that we waited for until 11:30 so we had lots of time to play.








Saturday evening we dyed our eggs. Haylee gave up quite easily but it was a stiff competition between Grace and Justin. Jen got us the coolest thing's this year, I recommend them to everyone. They are Q-tips with dye inside of them. You snap off the top and color with the other point, they work so well. Thank you Jen.....:)



This girl is a coloraholic, all day long all she wants to do is color, color, color.......



Here is the master at work. It's Justin creating the world in just one day....;)




Finished product....pretty good huh?






Two eggs done......about five more to go. It's only been two hours.


Happy Easter......






The girls' baskets.


Good morning.....6 am.

Ready for church.
Decorating cupcakes.
Grace the cup cake queen. These girls were on a MAJOR sugar high...the evening ended with a huge melt down from Haylee.


Saturday I tried this new recipe of Justin's Grandma Muir's, it was a sweet dough and I am so amazed that it turned out. I had TONS of dough so Sunday morning we had delicious cinnamon rolls and then used the rest of the dough and made a loaf of bread and yummy crescent rolls. We had a yummy ham dinner with scalloped potatoes and asparagus.....big suprise huh? The girls decorated a batch of cup cakes just for fun and we were going to share them with neighbors but the process consisted of frosting, then licking, then sticking all of the sprinkles to the spit. That was Haylee, Grace was just licking the knife off every time she would frost one. I don't really think anyone would want to be sharing those. Yummmmm :) Anyway, all in all it was a fun weekend and it ended with a new Desperate Housewives and Brother's and Sister's.....all the family went to bed and I got my quiet and show time, it was a good day. Happy Easter!!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Your Easter sounds great!! I love all the things you did for Easter. It sounds like you found a great church. I like the object lesson with the cross. That would be so hard to do...makes you think huh?
Tyler and I were just saying that it would be so fun to go to a Easter "Sunrise" Service and how we wished our church did them...then we thought about getting everyone ready by 6am...that could be a nightmare. But it is so neat to get up early and start the day off right. The girls looked so cute in their Easter Dresses!!

You guys are expert egg decorators!! I am very impressed by the "earth" egg! We missed you guys though!! :(

Bonnie said...

Hannah,
Your family looks beautiful!!!!! I LOVE that picture on the deck. I am so glad the recipe turned out, it has been along time since I've used it. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time in spite of having to spend so much time in the kitchen. I love you and miss you guys tons. I'll send some pictures. Grace and Haylee, you look so beautiful and your eggs are awsome. I'll call you tomorrow.