So I am sitting here listening to Gavin cry himself to sleep for the first time and I am trying to tell myself that it gets better and that this is normal........yeah well that's CRAP!!! I am miserable and that is so pathetic, I think I am just as upset as him. I just want to pick him up and snuggle him SO bad and rock him back to sleep but I know if I do it starts this vicious cycle over again and if this is one night closer to a good nights sleep than it's totally worth it for every one's sake. So I am blogging because......why not???
I will start with my husband and how proud of him I am, he has been busting his butt at the gym not once but TWICE a day for the past month or so and being really good about his diet too. I am just in awe first of the fact that he is still getting up at 5 am to work out, and that he is really having a whole new outlook on this whole "diet and exercise" thing and treating it as a lifestyle change rather than just a fad diet which I LOVE! He seems much happier and more energetic which has been great too. ;) I just want him to know that I am obviously going to love him no matter what he does but to know that he is happy with himself makes our relationship a whole lot better......because who can be happy with you when you're not happy with yourself???? So here we are about to be holiday season and we are dieting.......maybe turkey salad and pumpkin flavored Yoplait this year????? mmmmm that sounds delicious! ;) I love you Justin and I won't make some embarrassing list about why I do because you know why I do but I do want those who read my blog to know that I am incredibly lucky to have married such a great man. :)
So here is a one month picture.
On a different note, Gavin is an arm away from rolling himself over. Today he got there but needed a little help getting the arm unstuck from all that chub that had rolled over top if it. ;) He is holding his head up really well now too, and for much longer periods. He gets so excited when anyone pays attention to him and just charms all the strangers we see out and about. Haylee has really liked singing to him lately and he really likes that. :) I need to start recording this stuff before it stops, pretty soon he will be the annoying little brother and I want proof that long ago they did co exist happily. We attempted a mo hawk but we think his face may be too round for this look, or maybe he just needs HAIR!
He loves to play and be tickled.

So I think my baby is sleeping for now and I am going to bed too....goodnight all. :)
3 comments:
i hate the 'tough love' part of mothering. it will all payoff in a week :)
Hi! Love the pictures. Way to go Justin, keep up the good work!! Haylee's face is priceless in the last one. As for listening to our babies cry, it is truly one of the worst parts of patenting. They just don't understand it really is in their best interest. Even at 4, Naomi still can cry and I want to run in and save the day. Your awesome and will get through this stage just fine. Kiss them all for me. Love you tons!!!!!!!!!
That was 'parenting' up there! Sorry!! ;)
Post a Comment