Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Last weekend was the annual farm tour that the local farms here do every year. It is where they open up for the public to come and see how different farms operate and get a look at what we have here locally. We went to a cattle ranch and a dairy farm, there were about 10 on the list to see but we made the mistake of going to the furthest one first and there was not much time left to see the rest. We had a nice time driving around though, sometimes that is the best part....no interruptions and we can all talk and laugh together. :)


Hay rides


Tiny little calf's that were licking their hands.

So our little boy LOVES the bath and I have started letting him just sit in there for a while and splash around, he thinks that's pretty fun. :) He is already such a little charmer.


This is another reason that Grace's reading is so great.
She read him about 10 stories before I finally had to make her stop so I could put him to bed. It's pretty neat to see your older kids step up to help without even being asked. He just loves his sisters and I thought for sure by now he would be screaming at their arrival. ;)
He probably knows that in about a week he will be bigger than this one.......
So my girls were so funny to watch on Saturday that I just have to share. If anyone has seen the movie Bridge to Terabithia that you will know what this is all about. They were out in this huge windstorm we were having yelling at the top of their lungs, "come on Terabithia, we can't hear you!".....and this went on and on running back and forth across the deck. The things they can come up with. :)

So I read this the other day and just wanted to share because it made me smile.....so true.
Love your little ones--even when they drive you crazy. If you could see them the way God sees them -- you would be astounded at their glory.



1 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your post! Gavin is so cute. And your quote! I love it! I have decided that Halloween and autumn time come in a very close second to Christmas. I love the cool air and all the farms and pumpkin patches and all the fun stuff that we associate with this time of year. We wish we were closer so we could do more of those fun things together!