Monday, October 20, 2008

A weekend with Grandpa Forrey

My Dad came into town this weekend and we had a very nice time with him. The girls always love having the company and the attention of course and I think my Dad likes to just come and relax and visit. He brought us his tent trailer which we are SO happy about, yesterday we spent the day getting it cleaned and everything washed so it will be ready to use when the weather starts to warm up. It is an older model so it's a sight to be seen but Justin said he may work on the paint job and I am going to try and fix up the inside as best as I can. It will be so great to have with three kids, all being able to sleep off of the floor and out of the rain. Thanks Dad, we will be making good use of it for sure. :)

We also went out to a Pumpkin patch/farm where there is all sorts of stuff to do that deals with Fall. We took a hay ride, went through a big corn maze and got gourds and pumpkins. Had hot apple cider and apple cider doughnuts which were so good and I am going to try and find a recipe. yum! I even managed to get some tomatoes to can and dehydrated some apples.....I don't know how long this bug will last but for right now I am really enjoying myself and it keeps my mind off the weather. Bonnie was wonderful and let me borrow her canner and dehydrator so I just have to decide wether I will invest in one after this is all said and done. Apples were easy, tomatoes might not be. ;)






I know, it's hard to see this pretty thing and not be jelous......now picture it all set up with the pretty yellow canvas on either side.....nice! ;^)

0 comments: