Sunday, June 1, 2008

A first

Well there has been a definite difference already in having a boy and it mainly involves the diapering.......wow.....a lot of pee going every which way and it's only been two weeks. We need to figure out a better system I think. On top of that though he got circumcised last Friday so trying to work around that AND not get peed on has been a challenge. ;) He did so well during the procedure though, he did not make a sound (thanks to sugar water) and I watched the whole thing which was quite fascinating....oh the stories I get to tell when he's older. ;) He is healing very well and is still such a good baby, he only eats once at night and (dare I say it) already seems to have a little routine going. Sometimes you would forget he's even here....we all just hang out and watch him sleep, it's pretty pathetic actually. :) I feel really great and now that all of our company is gone I am anxious to get into the swing of things with three, it should be interesting. My girls are wonderful helpers though and Justin has been doing a lot with the girls and that is what they need so it's great.

On a different note...this is our first year doing school and having to get a gift for the teacher and I was wondering if anyone has any good creative ideas on what to do. Happy June everyone. :)

3 comments:

Jami said...

Denpending on how great the teach an how much you spend we do Starbucks gift cards or a not too expensive pedicure. A calm baby is so nice, wait until the "boy" kicks in, lol. whats the sugar water trick? I have never heard of it.

Kristin said...

You watched the whole thing? When I had Kameron they took him while we were still in the hospital and Tyler went with him to "keep an eye on things"...tell me you didn't save a treasure for Bonnie's box of horrors...aka...her jewelry box. :)

When diapering a boy ALWAYS put a baby wipe or something on top of his um...you know. That prevents spraying pee. Then when diapering tuck that puppy down.

I agree with Jami...we usually do a gift card to somewhere or a good smelly candle etc. Last year I did bubble gum jars and I think I'm going to do them again and tuck in movie tickets or something.

Check out this blog:

www.everythingpink.blogspot.com and search for teacher gifts. She has lots of cute ideas.

Nicole said...

Oh the days of the pee rainbow LOL. Air equals 'I need to pee' :) Definately did the wipey over pee pee trick too. Also using the diaper as a shield as worked well too ;)