Monday, June 9, 2008

Family and friends.............

We have had a wonderful time having all of this family around we have been very blessed. Last week my Dad, brother, neice, and nephew all came for a few days to visit and besides the weather being awful we had a really nice time. Owen is Haylee's age and they just played and played and got along so well, poor Haylee doesn't find kids her age very often and I realize when she does how bad she needs some friends. So they had a wonderful time and Adeline who is 13 is just the sweetest thing and Grace really looks up to her and wants to be around her at all time, playing, coloring, reading, it doesn't matter what she's happy. (I'm sure Adeline was glad it was over at the end.)

We took them to the ocean for Owen's first experience (he is all about the ocean) and if it wasn't for the downpour it could have been a lot of fun, but instead it was cut short and we didn't find too much. We then just kind of hung out and ate a lot....of course, what do we do best? ;) It was so good seeing them and we are just so grateful that they made the long trip, it's not a very fun one to make so "thank you" Dad (Grandpa) Travis, Adeline, and Owen we love you and look forward to seeing you again soon. :)

Oh and wouldn't you know that once we have company and WANT to take some pictures, my batteries die and I can't. grrrrr.......here are atleast a few that I got.

Larabee State Park



Owen and Haylee


Here is a picture that I am sure Justin will LOVE me for but I thought it was too cute not to share, so sorry hon. ;) Gavin already snores too......like father like son. :)



Yesterday we met up with some friends and went to the Highland Games. We have done it every year since we moved here and we always have such a great time. It is a really big one I guess with tons of competitions, games, boothes, live music, great food, and of course KILTS! ;) We are thinking that next year we may have to sport the Muir Clan (Justins Grandma's maiden name) colors and put Justin and Gavin in a kilt.......no???? It would make for some good bloggin' material. :)

Anyway, the girls had a fun time and Grace had her best friend Maddie there so life was good.

Haylee, Maddie, and Grace


We were watching a rugby game at this time and the girls thought they would test out their skills....Grace looks like she's whoopin' on Maddie.

They climbed to the top but are a bit hard to see.


This is our last week of school and I am feeling ready to be done for a while. Now we just need it to "feel" like summer.....darn rain! Hope everyone is well....happy summer.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh that picture of Gavin and daddy sleeping is priceless!! Looks like 8pm is both of their bed times ;)