Well that is how it feels anyway, like Christmas morning.....Justin and the girls have been so excited for this vacation that they have been getting up at 5 am......yes it's true. Apparently they need to be doing my 3 am feedings if they are really not needing the sleep. Honestly, 5 am......who does that?
Justin asked me yesterday if I felt jipped always having our vacations at the lake, and always with his family. I almost took offense because I now feel like it's part of me too. Justin might have all the memories of his childhood growing up at the lake but I have the new memories, the adult version I guess. (and NO that is not meaning dirty version) I get so excited that our girls are already making wonderful memories, and we so look forward to seeing all the aunts, uncles, and cousins that live up and around there. I guess the only really hard thing about this past couple years is Justin's Grandma (who's house we stay at) has lost her eye sight and the dynamics of the lake have really changed and it's taken some adjusting. She was the one who had the cookies waiting (macaroons and gingersnaps.....mmmmm) after we had made the long trip, showing up at wee hours of the morning. She is a Grandma, Granny through and through. I guess the only positive thing about her being unaware of what's going on around there is my kids will never have to witness the "wrath" of Grandma.....I never have either (I like to think it's because I'm perfect.....ha ha) but the stories I have heard...watch out! ;) Let's just say the rules were to be followed.
She is now living in an assisted living facility but gets to come out to the house during the day and can stay at the house when family is in town. This year it occurred to me that she will never actually get to see what Gavin looks like and that makes me sad. :( He is the first Ellersick boy in 25 years and we are excited for Grandma to meet him.
So tomorrow morning (hopefully at a decent hour) we are off to be met by beautiful sunshine, great company, and wonderful new memories. Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!
Don't we all wish our backyards could look like this?
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Christmas in July....
Posted by Hannah at 11:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Can't wait for you guys to get here!!
Post a Comment