We had a very nice Valentine's day this year, even though it was some what busy we still managed to enjoy it. I made pink heart shaped pancakes (woo hoo) in the morning and then we headed to Grace's school party which was a lot of fun. They did a pajama party and had the usual treats, valentine's, crafty stuff. They were all just so excited at the different things they were getting from everyone.
Justin and I braved the crowds and went to Black Angus for a date.....big mistake on a time crunch that's for sure. Even with reservations we managed to be eating our prime rib on the couch after the girls were in bed because of the long wait. How romantic huh????? We still had a nice night away though and have learned we will probably not be doing it again until after the kids are bigger. Justin did surprise me with roses in the morning when I woke up so that was very nice to get. ;)
We opened up our valentines box after we got home from dinner and the girls had a ball......I don't know why but I still hold out hope that there will be a surprise for me in the box....(besides Grace's 10 coloring pages and valentines) We got some fun things in the mail from people and Daddy got them their very own jewlery box which they were thrilled about. It was a very fun day and it's another one that I woke up today a little sad that all the excitement is over......I guess just more ideas to add to next years holiday. :)
Grandma can you see the excitement?????
What did I tell you? ;)

I hope you all had a nice week, the days are getting a little bit longer and the air has been quite a bit warmer and seeing all of the Easter stuff in stores is getting me so anxious for Spring. It's time for flowers and signs of life. :)


1 comments:
Sounds like a fun Valentines Day!! We have totally given up on going out on Valentines Day. Luckily Tyler's birthday is the week before so we do our "romantic" dinner then. Plus...we used to feel bad on Valentines day because we would be heading out the door and our kids would be saying "What do WE get to do for Valentines Day?" It was sad. So now we do a big Valentines Dinner for the whole family and it is SO MUCH FUN!!
I try to drag the Valentines Day fun out as long as possible too. We have a Valentines Breakfast and this year everything I packed in the kids' lunches was red or pink and I included a love note. They thought that was fun.
For Kameron's class I had to bring heart-shaped watermelon...that turned out so cute. Your kids are such good fruit and veggie eaters they would LOVE that. Every last piece was gone in his class too. I think I am going to do star shapes for the 4th of July.
Those jewelry boxes are so cute!! Good job Justin!!
Post a Comment