Monday, February 11, 2008

Love is in the air......

We finally are getting in the spirit for Valentines Day, last week was a bit draining but we are all feeling better now. We have made our Valentines box finally and this year the girls did all the decorating, I just covered it with the red paper. I love this tradition and it's something that I hope will last a long time. My oven is broken so we have not done any fun baking yet. :( Grace does have a party in her class on Thursday and I am so excited, I loved Valentines Day parties in school and they can still bring Valentines and goodies to share. (store bought of course....bitter, bitter Mom I am) School has just changed so much so it's a relief to find that some things live on.


Here is our box...Grace has just about filled it with stuff already so there will be lots of surprises this year. :)



Another love..................






The girls in this house have a new love together and it's name is the Food Network channel. :) We are loving watching these shows together and I love that it's finally something outside of Hannah Montana or cartoons that we can all enjoy and learn something new too. It was Little House on the Prairie for a while but I think we have already conquered all the episodes and unlike me ( I could watch them forever) my girls get bored with reruns....so now we have moved on to Full House and cooking shows. Barefoot Contessa is a great one to watch because she is so simple and yummy, I really want to find a cook book of hers so if anyone reading this has any good recommendations for me that would be great. The one last week she did an anniversary episode for her husband and made a wedding cake...yum...who knew to put coffee in your chocolate cake to make it more moist??? Anyway, while I was afterward making dinner and the girls were playing with playdough Grace started showing off her playdough creations.....











This was a peach cake, she also made a cookies and cream cake and a cherry where she rolled up about a dozen balls of red playdough. They had the most fun just being creative and it definatley made me think that we need to do some fun cake decorating or something together. I just love having girls for these reasons. Haylee already will not leave my side while I make dinner and Grace has a new found love for her easy bake oven...(though I despise the dumb thing)...now we need Uncle Paul for some good cooking tips and we are good to go. :0)

1 comments:

tj said...

We love Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa cookbooks. "Family Style" has some fantastic recipes such as Parmesan Roasted Asparagus, Baked "Chips", Real Spaghetti and Meatballs, Linguine with Shrimp Scampi, and Orange Pound Cake; just to name a few. She has a section in the back titled "Kids!" that has a recipe for Homemade Marshmallows! Her "Parties!" cookbook is also great. The Apple Crostata recipe is to die for. You can get most of her recipes on the Food Network website. Happy cooking!
Love,
Lori