Friday, March 4, 2011

January flew by this year and I'm not sure how it happened but I turned 30!!!! And I am thinking these roses are going to have to be my beautiful stand in because there is no proof of a birthday besides these. :) Thank you to my wonderful hubby who surprised me with 30 of these and some fun shopping/spoil money! Perfect!



Also this month wrapped up Grace's 2nd season of basketball. We had a few more struggles this year with the girls being on a 3rd/4th grade combined team. Not sure the coach is going to want to do this ever again after this year? ;) However, we love watching her play and enjoy something so much even if she's not taking it very seriously (yet), she's only 8 so it's still about just having some fun right????

You get all your friends on a team and get together twice a week how is one supposed to concentrate on being taught something new?
At least a few were listening enough to win a few games. ;)
February has been a fun one this year minus the crazy weather! Valentine's day was quiet, I didn't even help with school parties like I have every year. I have always loved this holiday, could be the candy? ;) At school seeing who the "special" valentines were from or sitting around the dinner table waiting to open up the family "box". The girls are getting to that age too where they really anticipate getting to open it up and I love seeing that in them.
Justin doesn't enjoy the spotlight too well. ;)
But Daddy always comes through with a surprise every year (without my help) and Gavin got his "big gun" and some chocolate footballs.
And his girls got new bracelets with encouraging words, very sweet! (I got a beautiful new cross necklace as well, he did good!)
Why would she need encouraging words??????? Hmmm, new "dunce cap" perhaps? ;)

Haylee's birthday comes next on our list but it was quite the eventful weekend long ordeal so that is for another post, another day!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy late birthday Lady! 30, huh, how does it feel? I turned 31 this year, and it was much easier than 30. Danny decorated the house with black balloons and streamers with an Over the Hill sign. Nice, huh?! At least we aren't near as old as our husbands!!

Oh, I looked at the last few posts I missed, and I wish you had taken a picture of the Mona Hannah, I would have loved to have seen it. :)

Jami said...

LOVED catching up :) Happy belated 30th!