Grace had an assignment last month to research and study what a hero was, then they were told to pick one and write a book about them. She interviewed and asked lots of questions but we didn't actually see what the end result was until we went to the presentation of the books in class where the hero (if available) could come to meet the students and be shown off a bit. ;) Well Grace picked Great Grandpa Frank Ellersick and Dad was the closest she had to filling in for him. :) I took a video but the sound didn't turn out too well so I took pictures of the books pages so you could see what she wrote.
The camera work is not great because I had someones trouble maker 2 year old wanting cookies while the crazy mom was trying to film! Come on parents watch your darn kids! ;) (in his defense we were there a LONG time being VERY quiet listening to ALL the kids read......and right NEXT to the table filled with cookies no less, mom forgives you Gavin)
So keep in mind he had passed away before she was even a thought in her Daddy's and my mind but did a very nice job. :) She had lots of worthy people to choose from this was a hard one. (i was shocked at all the kids who chose siblings and parents.....were we not worthy of the title????) Alright we'll let Grandpa take this one......he earned it!
We didn't have the heart to tell her this was all one plane. ;)
Job well done Gracie, he would be so honored to know that he's so admired and loved I'm sure of it!
3 comments:
This totally made me cry! I love it!! She is such a sweet girl and I love the time she took to pick just the right hero :) Oh and you can be my hero, I'll even make a book :)
Grace,
You are the sweetest girl!! You did such a good job. He is my hero too and I know that he is so proud that you are his great-granddaughter. He would have gotten such a kick out of you... He loved girls with spunk!! You made me cry happy tears remembering him. Thank you for your beautiful words. I love you very much!
Love,
Kristin
Hannah-- you should link your post to FB. I think all the family would love to read that--what a beautiful tribute...especially when it was just Grandpa's birthday and he's been in all of our thoughts.
Post a Comment