Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Haylee turned 6 this week and we had a really fun day celebrating her. She is so funny, fun, loving, sweet, sincere, bubbly, creative, cute, feisty, cuddly, I could go on and on........ She counted down the days for about 2 months leading up to the big day and when it came she almost didn't know what to do with all the attention she was getting. I decorated the house the night before so she would wake up to it and she got all silly and goofy running around like a crazy girl.





She looks sort of possessed......





She really has the most insane amount of energy first thing in the morning it's a bit overwhelming. (for me who it FAR from a morning person)





She got to open a few gifts that were things she could use throughout the day.





She's all dressed in her birthday outfit ready for a fun day!



So we went to the store and picked out her birthday treat to take to school. Then we headed off to Red Robin for lunch where of course I made them sing and embarrass her.......poor kid is NOT good at being center of attention. I forgot my camera so at least she got to escape that part.




For the grand finale she wanted to go to Chuck e Cheese this year with two friends. Maddie came with us which was nice for Grace and our little neighbor girl Emma who goes to school with Haylee came too. They had a great time and Monday night was good because there were no big crowds and they got to run wild!!





Gavin was not even walking last time we went so this time he was in H E A V E N!!!!!











You can tell she's exhausted!




She wanted a "dolphin" cake this year, don't mind that it's lopsided and frosting is so thin you can almost see through it. Why do I do this to myself every year after swearing I will NEVER do it again?????

Oh well, all was fine at the end of the day and it tasted good so that's all that matters right?


So here's to another successful year down with our 6 year old! We love you Haylee and are so thankful we have you in our family, life would be so boring without you around. :)



I had to get a picture of Gavin trying to put a bobby pin in his hair the other day, he is so stinkin' cute!

There are days with this boy.....oh yes there are days.......but really when I look at him and I see this:

those kissable little lips and cheeks it all goes away and I just want to EAT him!!!!






So another funny this this week is Grace had to go to the dentist for some cavities on her molars. She has never been in for that before so the gas and the numbing were all very new to her. She did a great job on the chair though and didn't even know they had given her shots (that's pretty good) she came out though with this horrified look on her face because the top of her mouth would not move and she was drooling all over the place. Now this is when a good Mom should hug her and love on her and tell her it's okay......but what does this mom do??? Starts asking her to perform for my enjoyment like she is a circus act and I was almost crying I was laughing so hard! I got her a milkshake and was about driving off the road because I was laughing at how she was eating it with only the bottom half of her mouth.......oh man is that funny stuff!!! Bless her heart she was a good sport and is not too horrified of the dentist but after not enjoying the drugs or the numbing medication I took the opportunity to tell her never do drugs........unless of course she will do them and perform for my enjoyment. :) Don't think for a second my husband was any better either, he was bummed it was pretty worn off by the time he got to see her. What a family to be a part of huh???? Sorry kids!

0 comments: