I have been really thinking of some different ways we can celebrate and count down to Christmas this year, I found a really great idea on a blog about doing a tree with the Advent symbols. The whole idea of the Advent is to remind us of His coming, the 1st being in the manger which is why we celebrate Christmas and also to be reminded that one day He's coming back.
We were on our way home from Awana tonight with the girls and Haylee was so excited because she did two verses in her book. :) We were talking about it (We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19) and what they meant to her and they had all sorts of questions. "Why?" "How?" I sat there trying to explain love..........well, how do you do that? I know for me it's something that I still struggle with, wondering all these same questions. I know it's not really something we can teach with our words either but our actions. Jesus came and SHOWED us how we are supposed to love one another. So maybe during this season when we are tired and cranky, busy and fighting over petty things we can stop and remember that WE are the example for those that are lost, learning, slipping, or still in the dark.
There is my two cents for the night, do what you will with it. ;) And have a GREAT Christmas season!!!!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Advent
Posted by Hannah at 10:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment