Friday, September 18, 2009

A "yes" Mom

It is becoming a little tiring always saying "no" to my kids so I am trying a new change of pace around here and saying "yes" a little more to see how it goes. We had curriculum night at school last night and it went very well, I really like Grace's teacher and she has been teaching for 30 something years and has so much wisdom to offer when it comes to our kids. She could not say enough how fast this time goes and they are at that point where they are still little and innocent and we really need to soak that up and give them our quality undivided attention as often as we can. It's not about homework and a big "to do" list but about them getting to show off to us what it is they are learning. She was saying how much they want to know we are proud of them and are listening to them.....well that hits home when it comes to our house I know that for sure. I seem to think that just because I stay home that they get what they need from me but boy am I wrong! They are constantly saying "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom" over and over until they finally get me to look up from what I am doing and pay attention. I know for a fact that between their Dad and I they are competing with the TV and the computer on a daily basis. It's something that we are all so aware of but don't really make the effort to change it. For our family it's really not about being home more because we are always home and always together for the most part, it's more about making the most of the time we are together, turning off the tv and playing a game, letting bed time routine run a little longer because we are really liking the story we are reading, sitting up to the table longer at dinner time and talking and laughing about our day. I know it sounds so cheesy and we all roll our eyes and think "yeah that sounds nice....BUT"......what if we could go a few weeks without the buts.......learning to say "yes" to the good things that make us closer, and "no" to the things that may be good but separate us from what's important?????? I for one am going to see what happens. If we don't look at what we miss.............








concert night, the girls wrote songs together and sang them to us before bed.
The best part is she is actually looking at the scribbling on the page like she is reading the "lyrics", it was pretty hilarious.


Gavin and Mommy time after we get back from our morning walks.

This is him all day long.......where you find me, you find him! :)

but he is OH SO SWEET!

My hard working, HOT husband taking me for a night on the town. ;)
Getting dirty




Haylee's new little neighbor friend Emma who is also in kindergarten this year. :)


catching moths........new favorite thing to do for anyone who does not have a net yet, they love this!

0 comments: