Monday, April 14, 2008

What the human body is capable of......is amazing!

This weekend we got to witness our first marathon event and it was so incredible to see what these people can do. It was the Whidbey Island marathon which is about an hour south of us so it worked out great. This was my sister Heather's 5th race including the Pike's Peak marathon which is just a measly 14,110 feet to the top......but who's counting??? Anyway, she is such a huge inspiration to me and I love her dearly and to be there for this one was so great! She said it was the hardest course so far because of so many hills but yet she reached her best time of exactly four hours so that was good. My Mom who was supposed to run it with her has been having trouble with her feet so she wasn't able to run it but they still made the trip over and her husband Mark brought his bag pipes which really made all the runners light up, it was really fun to see. They are so appreciative of all the supporters that come out to cheer them on, even Grace and Haylee were out there clapping and high fiving, it was a great experience for them too. Just watching really gets you excited for them and then to follow them along the course and check in you kind of feel a connection when it's all said and done.


So here I am about to give birth in a few weeks and actually feeling grateful that it's not a marathon I have to run. ;) There's a positive way to think about it huh?



This is mile two, she is on the right with the white shirt and capris with a white visor.



Mile 7, everyone is still smiling.Cruising along.

The girls were blowing dandelions to help out.

All fine and good until someone inhales one. ;)

The runners were actually stopping to take pictures of Mark playing, I think he's found his new calling.



"Here comes Aunt Heather"......mile 14 I think.



"Go Heather go!!!!!!"


Grace made a sign that said Go Go Girl!




Another hill she just finished......I think this is about 17 miles.



Home stretch, she's right in the middle and I did not realize I was in black and white mode. All done!!!!!


This is her group of friends that all came from Colorado, their shirts say "Sea level is for SISSIES" made to look like a Colorado license plate. :)

We love you Heather and are so proud of you, we have been spoiled this month getting to see you twice. Hopefully it won't be that long before we see you again. Congratulations!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very inspiring!! I'm so impressed. I think your black and white pictures were awesome!! I love the bag piper. The music of the bag pipes give me the chills...I love it. It must be my Scottish blood. I am begging Kameron to learn to play the pipes!!

Nicole said...

Wow that is truly amazing. Makes me think for a moment that maybe I should take up running! I can't even begin to imagine running that far. She looks so great for running that far I'd be passed out with an IV and ambulance I'm sure of it :)))) Anyways, I'm totally impressed!