Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Filling the nest

So I have officially started preparing our nest for this new arrival over the last two weeks and it feels really good. I bought a used crappy dresser for $23 to use for Gavins clothes, painted it and got new handles and now I can't believe the deal we got because it's a great roomy dresser with 5 big drawers.....gotta love Craig's List! I vacuumed out the car yesterday, cleaned all the rubber mats, washed the girls' car seat covers.......uhhhh.......whatever makes baby happy right????? I have all the clothes hung up in the closet, blankets washed and ready to go, all his lotions and soaps lined up and ready. I just love seeing all of this baby stuff again, I really am feeling like I am doing this for the first time all over again and it's so much fun. :) I think he has turned himself back to Breech position though so that is not good, I really don't want to deliver him that way....ouch!! Justin was Frank Breech (butt first) so he must be already following in Daddy's foot steps. (again...ouch!) I have a Dr appointment tomorrow morning and hopefully she will give me some insight into what we do in these situations. Has anyone had to deal with this??? Enlighten me please.






We also had such a beautiful Spring day yesterday (that's at least one so far) that I had to take some pictures just to remember what sun looks like. I sat and soaked it up while the girls played most of the afternoon, we rode bikes, had a picnic, chased the ducks because we had no food for them, the girls were actually trying to feed them rocks.....nice! The day actually started with melt downs and whines but it ended much better. It just goes to show that no matter what we "think" they will enjoy it's not always the case, who knew?


The helmets are a nice touch.




3 comments:

Nicole said...

Such a nesting mommy you are!! Cleaning car seat covers, what a concept!!! You are so prepared, I'm so impressed!! I can't wait to meet Gavin what a blessing he already is!!

Kristin said...

Ok...you do not look like you are 9 months pregnant!! What a cute little belly you have. Where is the ginormous stretch-marked belly? You look great!

Fab job on the dresser. Very cute!! I can't wait to see that sweet little boy!! We are thinking about you guys.

P.S. I was Frank Breech too. Must run in the family. My mom is still bitter. :)

Jami said...

I cannot wait to see this baby boy, your girls are so cute he is going to have to find some way to beat them out, haha. the dresser looks nothing like a $23 one! very impressive! with all this nesting you will be in labor in a week.