I will admit that I am not a "go getter" when it comes to meeting new people. I have realized since school has started that my girls will follow my lead and not reach out to people if they don't see it coming from home. So..........I have begun to make a better effort at making play dates for Grace (poor Haylee still has no friends her age) and making sure that when she is really enjoying someone we make an effort to find out more about them. She has a best friend named Maddie who from day one of school they have just clicked, it's funny because they butt heads like crazy but love each other the next minute. (sounds typical right?) We have had two play dates with Maddie and her Mom this week and have had the best time with them, I love that Grace and I both have found a great friendship. Maddie has no siblings so Haylee fits in great with the two of them and they just have the best time. :) They came over on Tuesday and we did Easter cookies, then yesterday we went to their house and dyed eggs. Girls are just so much fun to hear giggling and telling secrets, we have had a fun week. :)
Haylee managed to stay so focused the whole time, Grace and Maddie could not sit still.
The sugar had kicked in at this point, Haylee's still decorating. ;)
Notice Grace standing....this is something we are working on, attaching her to her chair.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Play dates
Posted by Hannah at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it is so fun watching kids ake friends and how they go about it. mariahs best friend and her butt heads all the tie but want to spend everyday with each other. it makes that even more fun because i have become good friends withe her mom.
That is so great! Looks like you guys all had a fun time :))
Post a Comment