Saturday, March 8, 2008

Carnival time

Grace's school had their carnival today and we had so much fun!!! I didn't get very many pictures because it was crazy busy and there was just no way to not have a zillion kids in the shot. We did enjoy ourselves though and actually found it very fun to "mingle" with other parents of the school and feel like we are a part of it all. :) Justin and I helped out with the Old Granny Ball Roll boothe for the first hour and it was fun. The girls left with all sorts of treats, prizes, and balloons and were very well behaved the whole time which helped a TON! Grace got to spend the day with her best friend Maddie and they were two little peas in a pod going all around together and even getting their pictures taken together...very fun to see her with girlfriends. :) Haylee tried the cake walk about 5 times with no success, she was really hoping for the powdered doughnuts. :(

I was having major euphoria thinking back to the fun we would have at our school carnivals how they had the jail where you could catch people and lock them up....it was like a week in advance that we would be plotting with our friends who we would be taking to jail. (usually the ones we had crushes on) They would usually have the carnival in the evening towards the end of school out on the playground when it was getting warmer and there was the excitement of knowing that school was almost out for the summer. I can't wait for my girls to start making those memories for themselves, it's so fun to see them growing up. :)


Here is Old Granny.


Haylee on her 3rd or 4th round of the cake walk....still no doughnuts!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I cannot believe how big Haylee is and how long her hair is. It does not seem like that long ago that we saw you last but I guess it has been a while. I am glad you guys have fun! It is great to think about the memories our kids are making. I cannot wait for Boise for them to make even more together! Love ya - Wendy

Nicole said...

So was this not the craziest day ever??? LOL. Nothing like kids everwhere, extreme heat, in a small space to spice up your weekend :))) No but I get what you are saying. And to see them making memories and to be an active part of it. I never did get my turn at the Old Granny!

Kristin said...

Sounds really fun. I love that I am able to volunteer at the school and be there for their parties...to be "that" kind of mom. It's so fun to watch them and it's so fun for them to have you there.

Poor Haylee...the cake walk was my favorite part too. Back in the old days...we would win an actual cake. Sigh.