So.....Justin and Jen have entered in to the diet and exercise world hopefully for the last battle. I am so proud of them for doing this and so far they both seem to be doing really well. Justin so far is down about 8 or 9 pounds and Jen was down 3 just last week. She has been really good these last few months about eating well and going to the gym. I was telling her that Justin finally got a pass and was really wanting to lose weight so she called him and "challenged" him to a Biggest Loser competition where at the lake over the 4th of July we will see who is the victor. The loser I think they decided will have to buy a plane ticket for the other to visit sometime this next year. :) Sounds pretty good.
So I am now realizing what it takes for ME to have a husband on a diet because it's not just an easy "hey hon on your way home could you pick up a pizza?"....or..."let's go get dairy queen".....I am having a bit of a struggle myself. Maybe it's because I am realizing how much junk we eat on a weekly basis or maybe it's just because it's inconvenient at times and I know that is such a bad attitude. I know this is a good thing and I am going to stick with it for the long haul, I really hope this works out well for both of them and they can reach their goals. I will post about weigh ins and track their progress, anyone wanting to share healthy recipes or tips it would be greatly appreciated. We are doing this the healthy route so there is no "off limit" food it's just about portion control and making sure he doesn't go all day without eating. Oh and of course the exercise, here I am getting tired going up and down the stairs so I am not much help in that dept. Anyway, I figured this is a way to get moral support when they know that others are wondering how they are doing and cheering them on.
So......LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!
Here is a 'before' taken just a couple of weeks ago , I will let Jen submit to me a picture before I just pick one to post. ;)
Justin's starting weight is 260
Jen's is 176 (yes, I got permission to publish that)
1 comments:
That is fabulous! I have a great workout that Jen can do--I got it from my sis-in-law who is a personal trainer in LA. This workout only takes 20 mins. and you can do it at home--you only need a set of 5 or 8 lb. hand weights. I will e-mail it to you and you can send it on to Jen!!
Hope you are feeling good! XOXO, Stacey
Post a Comment