Monday, November 19, 2007

Traditions.......

I got all my Thanksgiving shopping done this weekend and it's so nice not to have to brave those stores again. I visited three different stores to get all the deals and ended up getting two turkeys for almost free, that is a steal! It was well worth the long day of shopping, and I got to leave the kids with their Dad for the day so it was even better. So this year we are having friends over and will have no family here. :( Justin is trying the deep fryed turkey, and I have a few fun new recipes that I am doing. So we will have some traditions and some new things which will be a nice change. I keep trying to think of traditions that I grew up with and besides food nothing really comes to mind, it was a TON of family every year and football watching. I am trying to rack my brain for some good ideas and am not having much luck. SO.....does anyone have some fun traditions to share? I would love to hear and maybe get some new ideas. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I can't wait to read all the fun posts afterward. Gobble gobble. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea to have people comment about Thanksgiving Traditions. Here are a few of ours...or ones I want to start.

1.) We always have our Thanksgiving Dinner by candlelight...so much nicer than at noon or something...at least I think. We don't totally dress up but we don't just come in our sweats..."dressy casual"...does that make sense?

2.) My mom started a Thanksgiving Journal where we pass it around and write down what we are thankful for and my mom prints off our "menu" and puts it in the journal.

3.) The usual...go around and say what we are thankful for.

4.) I want to start doing this...I saw it in a magazine and loved the idea. You put small framed black and white pictures of family members no longer with us around the table and as part of the center piece...I LOVE THAT IDEA.

5.) Food Food and more Food. We have very traditional dishes that MUST be included and then every year we experiment with new things too.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! We will miss you guys!

Stacey said...

Yep, Kristin just about covered our traditions. I love Thanksgiving--we are brining the turkey this year, it really makes it so good and tender. I am trying my hand at two frozen key lime pies--not our tradition but they sound so good to me right now. Hope you have lots of fun!! XOXOXO