Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's just that time of year.....

I absolutely love this time of year, there is something about the season just beginning that is almost better than the days themselves. Maybe it's because it's so new, I love that now I have permission (from myself) to listen to Christmas music, and I can get all my decorations out. This weekend we are heading out to get our tree with Brandon and Nicole again. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were doing this, 2007 has just flown by.


We had a great Thanksgiving weekend, the food turned out great and we all ate until we were bursting, and then had dessert. :) Nicole brought her cousin with her from Seattle and so with the five kids and six adults it felt very homey and nice, not too quiet which I was thankful for. My stuffing ended up burning on the very bottom which I was sad about because then there was nothing left over and it was SO GOOD!!!(*Thanks Vicky ;)) Other than that the food turned out so good, the turkeys were a huge success, (Justin is thinking of the turkey business). The brined turkey was so much better than the fried one, we even cooked our second turkey that way a couple days later and we can't believe how moist and yummy it turns out. If anyone has not tried it we highly recommend it. Justin and Brandon stood watch over the frying turkey with a shovel handy....uhhhh.....shovel???? When I think of hot oil exploding I don't really think "Oh CRAP......Grab the shovel!!!!!!" Luckily all was well with that situation.

Lifting the masterpiece with a rigged together coat hanger......I think we need some better equipment.
Basting
Carving
Kids' table
Let's eat!!! (left to right, Jessa, me, Justin, Brandon, Nicole, and Makenna)



Then on Sunday morning I was woken up by the girls sneaking into my room to get something and telling me to go back to sleep that they and Daddy had a surprise for me. Sure enough they spent all morning running errands and getting everything to put lights on the house, YEAH!!! :^) I had not even mentioned it because I know that it's a huge job and I figured it would just not be happening this year. Justin is so good and worked in the cold, scaling the roof to get lights all around the perimeter of the house. He did such a nice job and even had to go up three more times for the one bulb that was not working, bless his heart. I did not get very good pictures, I still need to take some at night when you can actually see them. The girls were troopers staying out there with him the whole time, they were the runners on the ground, and the ones to tell me if Justin had fallen to his death. :) Thank you Justin and girls, I am so very blessed to have such a thoughtful family....I love you very much!!!

Heloooooooo up there.......

You've gotta love the rickety old wooden ladder, it wasn't the roof that worried me, it was getting to it on this thing. ;)


Other than that things are about the same with us. I braved the crazy Friday morning shoppers and got a few great deals on some things. We are starting our shopping but keeping it pretty simple this year. The girls already have so many toys that we are really wanting to concentrate on quality versus quantity. As far as family goes, we have Ben and Wendy's family this year and I am coming up with some fun ideas so far. :) I am trying not to think about no family on Christmas but it really is time we start some of our own family traditions and we do have a few fun things planned.

Pregnancy wise I am feeling really good, starting to show a little bit so that is fun. We finally heard the heartbeat of the baby and it was about 140 so good. :) My next appointment is December 4th and then hopefully we get to schedule the ultrasound to find out what we're having.....I am a little nervous for that. My pregnancy is quite different this time around and I know that really does not mean anything so I am not getting my hopes up for a boy, ironic thing is though that all we can come up with are boy names that we like. Soon enough, soon enough. :)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

What a great day we had. Thank you for allowing us to be part of it and make memories together! Those are some pretty hot pics of you basting, LOL. I've updated my blog a little, still have much to go if you want to check it out :)

Jami said...

my fingers are crossed for a boy :) i love christmas too. i tried toge tmy lights up outside, plugged them in to make sure they worked got them up for them not to work - i could use a husband at times like this,lol.

Kristin said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving!! We missed you guys. I love all the pictures. Glad no one was killed deep frying the turkey! ;)