We have had nonstop company this month and it has been so fun to have everyone here to play. It started with Labor Day with my Mom in town. Bonnie was here for about 8 days, then we went to Seattle to see my sister and her husband, then the next day we had Wendy and her family all up for the weekend. It has been busy and I am trying to get used to Grace's school schedule on top of everything else. Busy, busy.
I completed my levi quilt with Bonnie's wonderful teaching and guidance. She always has a job when she comes to visit me(last February we were painting the girls' rooms) this may be the last time she visits for a while. ;) We cut all of the squares for the levi quilt about three years ago and then I got this ancient sewing machine that Mike thankfully got all up and running for me. All I needed was someone that knew how to run it and put a quilt together....hmmmm.....why am I making a quilt? That is where Bonnie came in because she makes wonderful quilts and is a really good teacher....and quite patient with me I might add. Especially because all throughout this project we were having to figure out the machine that kept falling apart. I now know how it works and Justin LOVES his quilt....I do too, I may have to make another one for me. :)
Hannah....sewing.....could it really be?????? ;) This is it, my camera does not take very good pictures in the house.
This is the material for the back that we chose, it is so cute.
Closer picture of the back, like a bandanna. I am so thrilled about this I can't even tell you. :)
Seattle with my sister Heather was a lot of fun. They were heading on a cruise ship to Alaska and so they came to town early so we could all see each other. They live in Colorado and I just adore her, I so wish we lived closer. :( She is running her third or fourth marathon in October in Denver and I really wish I could go and see her. That is such an amazing thing. They have one son in college and so she loves seeing the girls. We took them to the park and went to lunch, then did some shopping and on to another park. It was a long day but I am so glad we got to spend time with them. Woodland Park feeding the ducks.
They would get so close for the girls, they were having a ball.
Larry at the end, Heather, Grace and Haylee.
They climbed all the way to the top. :)
Fun at the park, Heather and I even tried a few daring moves ourselves, I chickened out though. It's just not the same now as when we would spin around and around on our sweatshirts during recess.....you get up there and realize all of the aches, pains, and creaks that are going on. :)
Ben's company has it's headquarters here in Bellingham and he had to be up here for a meeting. They came early so we had a few days to play. We found this fun place to pick apples and made a stop at another farm where the boys got to take all the kids on a golf cart tour while Wendy and I got to stay inside, taste apples and fresh apple cider, and browse the fun gift shop. I even found a fun new ornament for this Christmas too. :) Perfect set up. We took all day Monday to shop and go to lunch at the Olive Garden.....yum! Thank you Smith family for the visit, we had such a great time, we just love you guys!!!!
Uncle Ben was making them all pancakes. :)Now they are worn out and ready for naps. :)
2 comments:
look at that quilt!! I'm so impressed!!! I think that makes you an official stay at home mom. I think that is what I might be missing! I actually have squares cut up around here somewhere but that is as far as it got so good for you :))))
alright suzy-homemaker stop making the rest of us look bad :) you did a great job on the quilt. that deserves a pat on the back for sure!
Post a Comment