Well I have decided that with this blog I have so much information that I want to try and explain everything.....but I really don't want to be on my computer for another hour and I really just want this done! So I am going to just explain the pictures and do a brief overview of our last couple of weeks. Last Thursday the girls and I headed to Olympia to meet up with Bonnie and Wendy and the girls so we could do a "Grandma handoff". She had been staying with them that past week for Addie's birthday and was then coming to us for Grace's big first day of kindergarten. :) So we decided we would meet halfway and spend the day at this childrens museum that they have there. Well as you will see by the pictures that I posted this was not really for the kids at all, we adults had quite the good time with this "hands on" concept. Some are pretty frightening I will warn you.....
This was our Pizza Hut lunch for Addies birthday and the girls gave her their present that we had for her. She loves marshmellows so we put a couple bags in for padding. :) Mom loved all of that sugar. :) We found her a fun Monkey book.
Yum! Yum!
Here is where the fun begins. Grace putting on a puppet show. Doctor Grace will see you now Mrs. Smith.
Miley in the kitchen making Haylee some dinner.
This is a giant memory needle thing that is by far the coolest thing there. The first picture is Grace, Haylee and me. The second is Wendy, Miley, and Addie.
Doctor Addison.
Finished product.......I'm sorry, Mams...where are your children?????
Anyway, it was a lot of fun and a place we would visit again. thank you Wendy and girls for meeting us and spending the day. Happy Birthday to Addsion, we love you and miss you a ton!!!! But...are very glad we atleast got to see you.
Now on to Grace's first day.....WOW.....I was bawling like a baby, surprise, surprise!!! She looked so cute and was just beaming the whole morning. Until we got there! She kind of closed up and got shy and a little bit scared when she was supposed to line up behind the teacher and be away from us. That's when the tears kicked in because I am thinking "she is still my baby and she needs me", "what am I going to do without her????", all of these things running through my head. She finally got past it though and started smiling and warming up a bit. She loves her teacher and so do we, her name is Ms. Hubner and she is so cute, young and fun. I think we will really like her. So far Grace has yet to meet a friend that she has remebered a name too anyway. She still scouts out the boys and plays with them. :) Anyway, the school year is starting out very well and Haylee and I will just have to get a life. :)
Reading a fun book about the feelings of a first day.
Grandma there on her special day. :)We have Bonnie visiting and we took her out to Birch Bay for the day on Sunday. The weather was beautiful and we packed a picnic but after being around the smell of the sea we opted for clam chowder instead. :)
3 comments:
I love your blogs. You always have the greatedt pictures and comments. We really did have a blast! (Love the word) I am glad we were able to meet and spend the day. I like that we are a bit closer. We still miss you guys and are excited to come for the weekend. Grace - you look so cute and so big. i cannot believe you are in kindergarten. Let me know if you meet any cute boys:) Love ya - Wendy
wow, you make a hot leopard!!! halloween is just around the corner... looks like so much fun!
The first day of Kindergarten...so exciting!! I always cry too. Grace looked so cute and grown up.
What a great museum (sp?) you and Wendy looked great!!
Post a Comment