I should title this "the many faces of Paige" because she is such a ham! This girl had to go have a birthday again dang-it......I keep telling her that's enough but she doesn't want to listen. ;)
She is such a light in this family and a gift that I cannot imagine what we would have done without her. Especially over the last few weeks she's just so good at making you feel better with a laugh or a snuggle. She loves to laugh and love.....in two words that could sum this girl up!!
She loves McDonald's...(shhh I know) so after church we took her to the play land location so she could eat AND play! That was pretty special. The girls had to stay after church for singing practice so it was just she and Gavin but she is so easy to please it was a great time.
One thing that we are having to consider with a December baby is trying to separate that from Christmas celebrations and traditions. We usually get our tree the first weekend in December but with the funeral we were off a few weeks. We did it on her birthday and because she is 2 it was the greatest thing ever but it may not be that cool when she's a teenager and wants it to be all about HER!! I can already see that meeting with the counselor going down as to why she hates Christmas. ;)
But we had fun decorating and letting her get out and play with all the ornaments. I let my kids decorate the tree because it is not my favorite thing ever and I love so much more to watch them ooh and ahh and reminisce over every ornament and story that comes to mind while they do it. Paige is no exception, she got right in there and touched every one.
No Haylee did not break anything she just wanted a pair of crutches for play. That is a strange request but we found some at a thrift store and I think they've played with them more than any other toy they've owned??? Funny kids!
So we put the munchkin to bed and worked on getting her cake done so we could celebrate when she woke up.
She was so cute and careful opening up all her gifts. Her sisters and brother just love her to pieces!! It's been a challenge at times to have the kids spread apart so far but I see how much the older girls love on her and take care of her it's so sweet..... and a HUGE help for me. Both of my girls already show that they will be amazing moms. They cook, clean, and are so good with kids.
And this sweet boy just melts my heart watching him take care of her. I tell you what he will be a very protective big brother for sure. He plays with her, loves on her, reads to her.......just makes this mama heart happy for sure.
My baby!!
The cake!! Hello Kitty in case it's not obvious. ;)
She was thrilled and didn't care that mama is not crafty.
Another birthday for the books and I wish they could stop for a while. I love all the stages my kids are at right now! We have a wide range but the innocence is still there for the most part and nothing too serious has scarred their little hearts outside family stuff of course. I also get sad that this is the first birthday that Mike was not here for. :( Paige will not really remember him like my other kids and that breaks my heart for her. But.....life moves forward and she is a wonderful little soul that has blessed our family for sure.
Happy 2nd birthday Paiger Pie, we love you TOOOO much!!!!
XOXOXO
































0 comments:
Post a Comment