Friday, February 1, 2013

Christmas program

The day we were coming home from the hospital with Paige I was feeling very sad to be missing church.  My kids all had parts in the Christmas play they were doing for the kids program and they were so excited about it!  We hadn't heard much about the play except what they were rehearsing at home but I had not seen outfits, rehearsals, nothing, it was all going to be a surprise.  Grace had one of the main roles and did an amazing job!  I loved drama in Jr high and high school so she's making her Mom very proud. ;)  Haylee and a few other girls did a dance to a song and Gavin had a small speaking part.
 
Grace played a wife with a southern accent and they all commented on the amount of sass she can have. What?? Grace? NO...... ;)




Haylee looked like a little Laura Ingalls. :)

 
Justin texted me a picture during the play and I saw this boy in his overalls all Tom Saywer"ish" and I melted.  Oh man is this boy like butter for this Mama!


 
Hi Daddy




Doing their dance.





I was heart broken to miss this but still so proud of all my sweet actors standing up there teaching everyone about our Savior in their own special ways. :)  Nana got to be there too which was a fun memory for her and the kids had an extra person to cheer them on.  Living away from family usually makes these events pretty quiet.


Life got back to normal after Nana went home and we have enjoyed every single minute loving on this sweet girl.
 
She's looking so much like Haylee as a baby it's crazy!


The girls are so good with her and have been really helpful for me.  Grace has done lots of meals, Haylee constantly entertains her brother which is HUGE at his busy age.  Grace changes diapers and clothes like a pro and Haylee will sit and rock her forever if I let her.  I love that they enjoy these things and it comes very natural to them.  Makes me very proud. :)




This boy ADORES his little sister and wants to be very close all the time.  He checks on her during naps and just wants to know where she is at all times. :)  I hope he always watches out for her like this.  Funny and very sad  how big he looks next to her.

 
Up next.....Christmas!!!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Super cute and talented kids!! Love that Grace is so helpful with meals etc. Reilly turned us into her school counselor for over-working her when Bryn was born. No joke. (but funny now...not then!!)