Friday, February 8, 2013

Kitchen progress

I am going to take a break for a minute from the usual posting, mainly because it makes me crazy to have to back up so far but also to reveal our fun kitchen that is slowly coming together. We are through project one of being home owners and both survived and no papers being drawn up yet. ;)  We had been renting for a long time so this is a new thing for us and know it can be very challenging.  We started with this: (Pic from when previous owners lived here).
 
 
Then we got rid of the awful yellow color on the walls and went with a gray that we are loving.

 Then Justin did a fantastic job putting up our new wainscoting:


And finally I got it all painted:
 I painted all the trim around the window and door as well and it has brightened it up so much.  We are loving it!
 I am also loving my fireplace and mantle.  I have been wanting one forever to be able to decorate and have cozy fires in front of (though that hasn't happened yet). ;)  So for now I will just make it look cute and the functional part can come later.

I will now go back to my Christmas post.....sigh!  Happy February!!

1 comments:

Kelley said...

Your kitchen looks fantastic! Great job :)