The dressing is my favorite part, but the sweet pork was very tasty as well.
CILANTRO RANCH
- 1 packet TRADITIONAL Hidden Valley Ranch mix (not BUTTERMILK)
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 tomatillos, remove husk, diced
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1 lime
It also calls for a jalapeno pepper which I did not put in because Justin and I are not spicy eaters. You just mix it all in a blender or food processor and that's it, so good!!!
If anyone wants the recipe just let me know and I will post the whole thing. The other recipe we tried was chicken in basil cream sauce and it was very good too. I was in a funk for a while because I felt very boring with my cooking so this is fun to be trying new things that are not even hard but so yummy!
So now that I am cooking all this great food Justin has decided to go back to the gym and work it all off, (the downside to eating great food) and he has been going at 5 am....who does that???? He says it's great because it's not busy...well duh....it's because who wants to work out at the crack of dawn? All that said I am soooo proud of his efforts this last two weeks, he is eating great, packing his own snacks and feels really good so "way to go hon!". We are thinking our next purchase will be a treadmill so we won't have to renew his gym pass and we can both benefit from it. The outdoor recreation sort of stops in this town due to torrential rains and we are not the "who cares if it's raining" type of folk.
Grace is LOVING school and her teacher, she is one of the 5 top readers of her class so that is just great. She is getting to even go into another class room to read with other kids at her level so that was fun this week. We had curriculum night last night and got to see how the year will go, her teacher is pretty focused and strict when it comes to learning and I am all for that, Grace will benefit hugely with her I think. We are so proud of her, she has always been just a little sponge for knowledge and I pray that she keeps it up.
Here a couple new pictures that I took yesterday, Gavin loves his fingers, and Haylee is always one to pose when the camera is out. ;)

1 comments:
I am so addicted to that dressing too!! I cracked the recipe myself and make it all the time. Infact, I just made it yesterday!! If you want to save yourself a step...you can use the hernandez green salsa and can omit the tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno etc (because they are already in the salsa). Just mix the ranch, add the tomatillo salsa, cilantro, fresh lime juice, and I add black pepper. So good.
I wish there was a Cafe Rio here. It is always our first stop in Utah. Is there one in Boise? I'm not a fan of the sweet pork though...I don't like sweet meat. I usually get the salad vegetarian...and Tyler gets it with steak which is really good too.
There is a knock off Cafe Rio in Coeur d'Alene called Cafe Chulo right by the Costco. We will have to go the next time you guys are in town.
Would you email me the link to the good recipe site?
I can't believe how big Gavin is getting!! What a cutie.
Way to go Justin on the working out!! I meet my friend at the gym at 5:45am and it is PACKED!! But I love starting the day out that way.
Hugs and Kisses for the kids!!
Post a Comment