Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another fun weekend

We have been having the best weekends these last couple of weeks and I think it's because the weather has gotten nice again. The last few weeks of summer were just nasty here and we thought for sure it was over and done with. :( Then the sun came out again and although school has been a bummer because we can't just go and play it has made our weekends great!

First off Gavin had his 4 month check up and he was 14 lbs, 13 oz.....such a chunky monkey this little guy is. He is in the 75% for his height and the 50% for his weight so definately growing. He is SOOOO playful and fun, this is getting to the perfect age that you just want to freeze them at because they're so much fun. I wish everyone could just skip to child #3 because life is all about playing with baby and not much else gets done, with the 1st one you're paranoid about everything, the 2nd one you worry about "can I do this with two?" so you then have even more to worry about....well #3 comes along and that all seems to fade. The tricky part is starting with the third and still having 1 and 2. Maybe that is why all first and second children seem to need therapy, ha ha ha.;) My girls do make life so much easier though because they help me so much, Haylee is my side kick now that Gracie is a big 1st grader. I think we are starting some preschool at home this year, just the three of us. :) I figure I will try it out and see how it goes, we like to be lazy and play so it could be good for both of us. I will take a couple hours about three days a week and have some lessons and then once a week plan a field trip for us. I also thought with Haylee loving to cook and be a little mommy I would do some fun cooking things too, we'll see.


Isn't he cute???


Those cheeks..... and those dimples.


Grace had her back to school spaghetti feed on Friday that we went to with Maddy and her family. Geneva really is a great school and it's nice to have it relatively small and feel like it's a pretty close knit community. Of course all the things I did this weekend were without a camera so I actually have to write for this one. ;)

We did however manage to have a photo shoot while waiting for Justin to get ready and the pictures turned out halfway decent.




Okay the last one not so much. :)


Today we took the girls out for breakfast and to an apple orchard for some fresh apples. yum! They have golf carts that you get to take out around the farm so we did that for a while and sat out analyzing cows for a bit, the girls were facinated that they have four teets. :) Haylee was even going to the bathroom later herself and mentioned to me that she smells like the cows......"thank you for that Haylee".....;>() Anyway, we then took the girls out to this great park in Lynden and came home to have a fire on the deck and roast marshmallows....it was a full, fun, beautiful weekend!!!!

1 comments:

Wendy said...

What a fun weekend. I wish we were closer so we could do some of those fun things together! Aren't you so excited for apples!