Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy belated Valentine's Day

Well, better late than never I guess huh? I have so much to blog about that I thought I would back track a bit and talk about Valentine's Day. The girls had a lot of fun with it this year, it really has been a fun year with them being old enough now to get excited for things and understand what's going on. We made a Valentine box this year and I was surprised to find it quite full when we opened it up after dinner. We are going to keep the tradition that I grew up with and that is putting all of the Valentine's we get over the course of the month in a special box. After dinner that evening we open the box and hand out the valentine's. I try to sneak in some surprises to make it fun. The girls made them for their Dad this year and they were very cute. Little butterflies that lost their popsicle sticks.....Mom's not very crafty.

Justin was very thoughtful this year and actually brought me flowers a week before the big day. I have been seeing them in the store and I think they really help when the weather is so grey. So then to my delight he comes home on Valentine's Day with three boquets for all three of his Valentine's. (He made sure to make mine bigger...;)) It really made the girls' night, they were thrilled. So we made yummy prime rib roast and cherry cheesecake for dessert and opened up all of our valentine's.......it was fun to do it all as a family.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!! THANKS JUSTIN/DADDY...WE LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think this sounds like a darling idea. You come up with some fun things or your mom does. Tell me more about it please. Bonnie

Michelle Alley said...

Love the idea of saving the valentine's for one night and opening them all at once. I get so anxious to see what's inside the evelope - I open them as soon as I get them!

Kristin said...

YOUR BACK YOUR BACK YOUR BACK!!!!
I've missed your posts! I LOVE the idea of the Valentine Box. That is fantastic. We might have to steal that idea. Also- That cousin of mine is so sweet. Way to go Justin!! I love that he brought flowers for all three of his girls.

YOUR BACK YOUR BACK YOUR BACK!!