Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ear infections........:(

Well, we have now had a month long of ear infections.....yuck! I forget that kids can still get them even when they get older. My girls had them recurring all throughout their first years. Poor Grace woke up in the middle of the night in so much pain, we stayed up until 3:00 am watching Little Bear and waiting for the tylenol to kick in. We tried the garlic the next day and I kid you not....IT WORKED!!! She has not said a word about her ear ever since that morning. Haylee just a few nights ago woke up too with an ear ache, we did the garlic.....with NO tylenol and she slept like a baby and hasn't spoke of it since. I don't know how it works, I know it's a natural antibiotic, but as for stopping the pain I'm not sure. Maybe they concentrate too much on how it smells and suddenly the pain dulls. :) Who knows.....point is the ear aches are gone for the moment along with the nasty cold weather and our colds. YEAH!!!

So needless to say we got out this weekend and had some great family time. Justin went fishing most of Saturday and had a great time, no fish unfortunaltely, but the weather was great and they did a lot of walking and seeing a lot of new country. We are talking about taking up some serious hiking, it's something that we both really like to do and figured with the kids we will start early and easy and go from there. We are also really going to look in to this "geotracking" stuff. I guess it's a lot of fun and a good way to get out and away. Has anyone heard of it or tried it? I will keep you posted.


Justin went fishing at a place called Mosquito Lake and I guess it's a nesting spot for bald eagles, he said he probably saw a dozen flying around and up in the trees. Pretty neat. (There are two in the trees but kind of hard to see.)

Meanwhile, Saturday was pizza night and here is my little helper in her big girl apron rolling out the dough, both of my girls have become quite the helpers in the kitchen. it's great for me. :)

Sunday we were house hunting and made a stop at one of our favorite places around here, this is Birch Bay and it's just a huge park on the beach with lot's of fun stuff to find. The tide was really high so we didn't find many "living" things, but collecting shells is always fun. It's crazy because on the opposite side of the park from the water it's just thick dense forest, and then it opens up to this......and the sun was out all day so it was wonderful.



This is the view of the canadian mountains.



awwwww.....family pictures. :)




Shell collection...they were so proud.




1 comments:

Kristin said...

WHAT IS THE GARLIC TRICK???? That sounds so great. I hate pumping the kids full of medicine and tylenol doesn't seem to work that great.

Sounds like a fun weekend...great pictures. Your hiking sounds great. You are smart to start early!! We are TOTALLY interested in geotracking! We have been reading a lot about it and have been very intrigued...but we don't have the gps equipment. Keep us informed! That sounds awesome!

Kirk and Jayme had their baby on Sat. His name is Kaiden Bradford McClellan. My mom is in Utah until Thursday. Kirk and Jayme are absolutely beside themselves with joy. Kirk called me just bawling his eyes out and so was I! I can't wait to get my hands on him. Jayme said they will bring him up in a few weeks.

Love,

Kris