4th of July was a bit different this year for us. We started out with the parade as usual and then spent a nice relaxing day at home. We typically are at the lake or in Boise so it felt a little strange but we were invited out to our friends new rental where they are the grounds keepers for a retreat center on Liberty Lake. It was really neat with all the old building that have been around for years and there was tons of space for the kids to play but the downside was mosquitos were terrible! The water out there isn't very fun for swimming either, it's a bit murky. Kids still had fun though, it takes a lot for them NOT to get in water. ;) The food was good and the weather was beautiful.
Eating BBQ dinner girl camp style. ;)
This girl had fun.
We invited our other friends who had recently moved to the area from Utah and this is their son Gabe with Gavin. They hit it off pretty quick.
Little Will
We waited and saw the fireworks over the lake and headed home. They are a fun group of people and we had a great time! Thanks Jernberg family, you guys are awesome!
In other news:
This funny girl has a new face that we just crack up at.
She does it all the time it's hilarious!! We have so much fun just sitting and playing with her, I love watching my other kids be so sweet and patient with her then I realize how frustrating it is they won't do that with each other???? UGH! How long before this girl is a pesky little sister I wonder? ;)
She is my little side kick and still does not move at all so I just sit her wherever I am and she plays and jabbers.
Silly girl.
She also LOVES the bath!!! She would stay in there for an hour if I let her. I love that all my kids have loved water and swimming, I have no doubt she'll be the same. :)
My Dad, brother Travis and most of his family came to visit this month too which was very fun. Their oldest daughter (my niece Isabel) is getting married in August so she was busy and didn't get to come but Adeline, Owen, Beatrice, and Porter along with their beautiful mama Lori all did! They had tickets to go to Silver wood one of the days and since we were already taking our kids with their school tickets we opted out of this trip. We did take them down to Riverfront Park though and got to show them a little bit of the area. The kids all had so much fun together and get along really well. It's such a bitter sweet thing to see family and miss being around them more often but I think it makes the time so much sweeter when we do see each other.
Porter, Gavin and Owen

Haylee and Bea

Super heroes never got old. ;)
Adeline would play with them and they loved it! Listening to them out on the trampoline giggling in the dark was so fun.
This girl got lots of attention as usual. :)
These girls were super cute too, listening to music and giggling all day.
They have a great bunch of kids & we had a very fun visit. Looking forward to seeing them all at the wedding in August.













0 comments:
Post a Comment