Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer activities

Notice we look like we're dressed for winter but it is really July and we are still in full winter gear most of the time.....yes it's depressing...yes I am over it! However the show (summer) must go on because with kids out of school it's not really an option to just sit around and wait for the weather to warm up. We had some free bus passes we put to good use and headed to downtown Bellingham to hit up the library and the park. I love that this is so exciting for them still and announcing that the library of all places is were we are going you'd a thought I said we were going to Chuck E Cheese.



Had to get their last reads in before turning them in.





So fun to watch Haylee now reading chapter books that she can get into and share what is happening, but also reading as a family and learning together has been fun this summer too. We started a book called Story Of The World and we are really enjoying it. Grace has a few favorite's but goes right back to her Harry Potter, on #4 now and still loving it! Never did I think she would still be going after how stinkin long they get but gotta love her will to finish. (She also loves TV and knows when she finishes the books she gets to see the movies.) ;) What's your summr reading list?

0 comments: