Monday, November 29, 2010

November came and went in a flash (as I'm hoping will winter in general) and I am now realizing that with dreary winter comes no pictures, no excitement, no blogging. Sorry.

I just had to take this picture cause these ringlet curls have not been around for a long time. sniff sniff I guess it's one good thing about WA weather??? ;)


In other news Justin the mighty fisherman has been quite successful these last few weeks in the salmon fishing dept. He was like a kid at Christmas when he came home to show us what they caught. :) Salmon are spawning right now so the fish aren't so pretty but his buddy smoked them all up for us and man is it GOOD!


Two times last month all 3 of them caught their limit.



The beginning of Thanksgiving break I took the kids down to the Children's museum, they had a ball and it was so nice to do something out of the house.
Gavin loves the balls. ;)









We did have a little snow that week too and Thanksgiving had quite a bit but it was the best kind, only stayed for a day.


Thanksgiving morning I cleaned and got my house ready for dinner while Justin took the kids sledding and let me tell you, living on a mountain is great for this we can snow right in our front yard. :)
Kids go down, Justin pulls them back up........good way to get ready for the big meal. ;)




Gavin finding clever ways to reach what he wants.......eggs perhaps????
This cute girl was my wonderful helper the whole day!! She is so great in the kitchen and makes it so much more fun than doing it all solo. "Thanks Haylee, I appreciate everything you do."


Table is set.


Girls made the place cards.

While waiting for dinner to finish we took a little "snow break".





We followed our noses to the neighbors house where they were smoking a turkey......yum!

And they have a swing set.

Hannah and Maddie

Finally dinner is served!

The whole gang.
Our company for the evening, thanks for celebrating with us.
Haylee had such a full day this is what I found about two seconds after she stopped hollering at me that she was ready to read. :) Oh how I love this sleepy girl!
So our holiday was great and we're gearing up for a trip to Boise for Christmas, although judging by the amount of snow........everywhere that may be a joke. Keep you posted!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

Sounds like a fun thanksgiving. If you need a half-way stopping point to spend the night on your way to Boise we would LOVE to have you guys...seriously!! Pay back a little of the hospitality you showed us in June!! XOXO