Last weekend (Gavin's 2nd birthday) was a really hard day for me and I just wanted to cry whenever I would think about him being 2. He hurt himself by falling and biting his tongue so we went down to clean him up and he snuggled into me and patted me saying "ma ma....ma ma" so soft and sweet and I just lost it!! He can't really be a big boy yet can he??? I want his sweet dimples, round cheeks, chubby thighs, and sweet spirit to just stay around forever. It's fun to see him enjoy big boy things and my favorite thing is to watch him and his Daddy play and share that special "boy bond"....gets me every time. :) Justin loves his kids, all of them and his girls adore him but there's just something about a boy and his daddy that really is in a league of it's own. We took Gavin to the zoo for his birthday, he loves animals and being free to just run....so the zoo works nicely. :) The weather was high 60's and sunny, perfect all around.
It was so funny, Gavin looked up close at this glass forever before he actually SAW what was right there! He backed away very quick! I wish my picture would have turned out a little better....poor guy was being tortured with Haylee's dangling sandwich. lol
After the zoo we went on a hunt. Justin is a big fan of the Food Network shows and this restaurant happened to be one of the ones shown on "Diners-Drive Ins-and Dives"....oh boy, we were stopping!!!! Greasy breakfast food at it's finest but that is the meal we like best so we were happy!
Off to nap he went and the rest of us got busy with the party plans.
He was one happy birthday boy!
Not too much detail to the cake because I really have succumbed to the fact that I will never measure up so I just went for it.....he's 2, and he liked it! :) Race track complete with cars, home made signs from his sisters, half eaten oreos (which was the 1st thing he grabbed) and lots of sugary frosting....yum!
He just wanted to blow and sing.....blow and sing.....over and over again.......
I think this is my favorite age for things like this because they just love everything from the smallest detail to the biggest gifts, everything about him was happy and smiling! What a joy this little boy is to us!
What a weekend it was, fun and busy and now we move to 2's...not sure I'm ready for this stage yet! Yikes!
3 comments:
I cannot believe how big he is, good grief! It just doesn't seem possible! I live in my happy place I think lol. That boy with that smile and dimples is such an amazing gift from the Lord! Happy Birthday sweet boy!
2?! I remeber when you found out it was a boy! Happy 2nd Birthday Gavin!
What a fun day for such an adorable little boy!! Give him a big smooch from me. The buzz cut is a rite of passage. I can't wait to see you guys on the 4th. Our trip to Bellingham got nixed...Reilly and 7th grade don't get along very well. Or should I say Reilly and homework don't get along well. I'm bummed about our trip though.
Happy Birthday Cute Gavin!!
Post a Comment